By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Is this near Rosamond? A lot of people shoot there but I got a couple spots that are usually empty close to my house.FYI- if anyone is willing to drive up to Kern county, this is my spot. It’s almost always this empty.
View attachment 6960View attachment 6961View attachment 6962
That's the one. If somethings planned I'll be there!By DM do you mean Desert Marksman?
I haven't been in a while but I'm still a member - would definitely be interested in doing a meetup out there.
I've got a few cardboard target stands and a couple steel IPSC steel targets that I could bring out for pistol/competition style drills.
So,, try to answer some questions, if,you become a member at "a place to shoot" you can arrive and put your name on a waiting list for the members range.dead link in 2025
changed to http://a-place-to-shoot.com/
if your bad hole puncher is not Kali Kompliant dont bring it
I forgot to add our range day here meet up at OAK TREE (SoCal)
Thanks to the guys that made it out:
@LAMike850
@Blacklotus2142
We had a blast, we all shared our guns - we took all in about 15-20 guns?
we even let other shoot our guns. No issues with the RO and we had lunch afterwards and planned the next outing.
View attachment 4191View attachment 4192View attachment 4193
Love what you guys are doing. If any of you are ever interested in action pistol/PCC type shooting. We invite you to join us not too far away from Oaktree. We are located in MB Tactical in Piru California. Check us out at @SoCalPracticalShooting on social media or send us a text at 808-940-8426I forgot to add our range day here meet up at OAK TREE (SoCal)
Thanks to the guys that made it out:
@LAMike850
@Blacklotus2142
We had a blast, we all shared our guns - we took all in about 15-20 guns?
we even let other shoot our guns. No issues with the RO and we had lunch afterwards and planned the next outing.
View attachment 4191View attachment 4192View attachment 4193
Haven’t been there since new ownership but it’s a great range!Love what you guys are doing. If any of you are ever interested in action pistol/PCC type shooting. We invite you to join us not too far away from Oaktree. We are located in MB Tactical in Piru California. Check us out at @SoCalPracticalShooting on social media or send us a text at 808-940-8426
Good luck and more power to your group
Feel free to come fellowship with us at the “USPSA competition bays.”Haven’t been there since new ownership but it’s a great range!
Are these only for private rentals? I only went to MB Tactical once and even the public range was legit, but I would go there a lot more often if I could use a bay and shoot from the holster.Feel free to come fellowship with us at the “USPSA competition bays.”
This is my go-to spot at the moment. During the week the members range is usually open in my experience, and you can set up a few targets and shoot from the holster. I'll go there and do my thing for 60-90 minutes and usually don't need to wait too long if at all. I don't even bother trying to go during the weekends I'm sure it's packed like all the ranges.So,, try to answer some questions, if,you become a member at "a place to shoot" you can arrive and put your name on a waiting list for the members range.
At the members range you can work out of a holster.
Shoot paper and some steel,
I myself meet several groups on the weekend, and we use , the rifle,pistol ,and shotgun ranges.
I work from home and tend to go do during the week too. I don’t like dealing with larger weekend crowds.This is my go-to spot at the moment. During the week the members range is usually open in my experience, and you can set up a few targets and shoot from the holster. I'll go there and do my thing for 60-90 minutes and usually don't need to wait too long if at all. I don't even bother trying to go during the weekends I'm sure it's packed like all the ranges.
If you happen to have an instagram account, you’ll be able to see what we do @SoCalPracticalShooting we have weekend local practice matches. It’s a competition shooting club, so yes shoot from a holster and you can shoot as fast as your finger will allow you. We have some very fun stages. Normally 6-8 bays and you’ll shoot at all of them. 16 stages for major matches. Typically 180-200 rounds for the entire day for just $45 per person. Lots of fun and very supportive people in our community. And you improve each and every time you come.Are these only for private rentals? I only went to MB Tactical once and even the public range was legit, but I would go there a lot more often if I could use a bay and shoot from the holster.
That said, this would be a great place for a group of us to rent a bay for a few hours. They also have free wi-fi which is a plus, no cell service otherwise.
Didn't know there was so much opportunity for practice matches like that, that does sound like fun.If you happen to have an instagram account, you’ll be able to see what we do @SoCalPracticalShooting we have weekend local practice matches. It’s a competition shooting club, so yes shoot from a holster and you can shoot as fast as your finger will allow you. We have some very fun stages. Normally 6-8 bays and you’ll shoot at all of them. 16 stages for major matches. Typically 180-200 rounds for the entire day for just $45 per person. Lots of fun and very supportive people in our community. And you improve each and every time you come.