18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Off-roster prices in CA

Keep in mind where you’re moving too. I’ve seen some stuff I would love to have but I’m not driving 6+ hours one way to buy %99.99 of guns.
 
I just moved here. BUY EVERYTHING PISTOL wise you want or think you might want. Even if CA has the gun you might want on roster the off roster versions are better. And I do mean BUY EVERYTHING before you get here. I am kicking myself on a few different pistols that I should have gotten even if it meant eat a couple months of interest on the CC.
 

those don't work?

quick look shows at those four seem to show that for 3.5K they sell fast; for 4K+ tends to linger.....
Sure. Thanks.
But again, the issue is that when i click on them to find out more, it is blacked out. So, for example, the white one is obviously moded so is that why it is so much? The only one that says NIB is two guns, and is about the price of two guns, so I would assume its $3500 for BOTH, but I can't tell because I cant read it.
 
Sure. Thanks.
But again, the issue is that when i click on them to find out more, it is blacked out. So, for example, the white one is obviously moded so is that why it is so much? The only one that says NIB is two guns, and is about the price of two guns, so I would assume its $3500 for BOTH, but I can't tell because I cant read it.
Idk why you can't see them but that's the price for one of them
 
Well, I have limited access to the classifieds.
it does not matter. you will get nowhere here. i have two classified ads-- WTB. i have experienced a bunch of shenanigans with the classified ads here. people will message me and then back out when it comes to finalizing the sale, and i am the buyer. lol (shrugs)
 
This is what i see if i click on it. Basically only the description from the thumbnail.
Have been a paid member for a while so I just don't know the limitations for new accounts
But here's what you're missing from the listing so you get an idea, that pricing seems in line with other ads
Also even if it's not through a PPT, but if you find one on consignment in a shop, you still have to pay almost 20% on top of the price in a shop due to the taxes, so something else to keep in mind if you're looking to buy from shops in CA
 

Attachments

  • 1074.webp
    1074.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 16
Hi. I am looking at getting a Dan Wesson DWX with a work bonus I will be getting later. However, I will be moving to CA before I get the money so I can either buy it now on a credit card and pay intrest, or buy it later and pay CA prices.
I know what the interest would be, but not sure what the CA price would be.
Anyone see any around and remember about what they go for? I would prefer the full sized but the compact looks nice too.
Also, if you have general advice on how to easily find prices on non-roster guns (other than the classifieds on this sight, which i do look at) that would be appreciated.
Or if you have any other advice (besides "don't move to CA!", lol) before I move that would be great.
Like: "Before you move to CA you should buy a ___ because the markup here is super high!"
Thanks for any help you can give!
it is probably best to just purchase it outside of CA
 
Have been a paid member for a while so I just don't know the limitations for new accounts
But here's what you're missing from the listing so you get an idea, that pricing seems in line with other ads
Also even if it's not through a PPT, but if you find one on consignment in a shop, you still have to pay almost 20% on top of the price in a shop due to the taxes, so something else to keep in mind if you're looking to buy from shops in CA
Thanks!
So there is a tax on top of the sales tax!?!?
Well, thanks for the info.
If you buy something online that is ca legal do all the taxes still apply or just the normal sales tax?
 
Sure. Thanks.
But again, the issue is that when i click on them to find out more, it is blacked out. So, for example, the white one is obviously moded so is that why it is so much? The only one that says NIB is two guns, and is about the price of two guns, so I would assume its $3500 for BOTH, but I can't tell because I cant read it.
rules on this site can be puzzling. Any mods can explain why people can't see classified ads?
 
I just moved here. BUY EVERYTHING PISTOL wise you want or think you might want. Even if CA has the gun you might want on roster the off roster versions are better. And I do mean BUY EVERYTHING before you get here. I am kicking myself on a few different pistols that I should have gotten even if it meant eat a couple months of interest on the CC.
Thanks for the advice!
 
Best case: you buy the gun on a credit card and pay a few bucks in interest and love shooting it.
Worst case: you buy the gun and pay some interest, don’t like it then sell it here and make wayyyy more than you paid in interest.

Buy your dream gun now because it will be way more expensive when you’re here.
I think @ikeo1 picked one up/sold one this year
DWX is pricey in CA

@LHippo you are outside of California so the restriction was automatic. If you pay it will be lifted if you verify or once you’re fully in CA. This is to limit the number of scammers / fraud that we see come in on free accounts. Many scammers want access by default.
 
Thanks!
So there is a tax on top of the sales tax!?!?
Well, thanks for the info.
If you buy something online that is ca legal do all the taxes still apply or just the normal sales tax?
Yeah CA has an 11% excuse tax on top of sales tax for firearms and ammo so that's why so many of us go the PPT (private party transfer route) because there is no tax on that. That is partially why off roster prices get inflated as well. For some items, even if you buy at MSRP or close you still save on the tax (some people see it this way at least)
 
Back
Top Bottom