18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Pics Official AR15 Picture Thread

Picked up a B5 glow in the dark stock and grip at a gun show last weekend
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1597.jpeg
    IMG_1597.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1599.jpeg
    IMG_1599.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 58
Notice the majority of folks choose maglocked rifles.

Any reason why everyone chooses this route? I hate the pistol grips that featureless imposes(don't really care at all about having to use a brake or fully extended stock).

Messing with the actual receiver function operation particularly on an ar15 with all the eventual feedramp height extractor/ FTF issues it seems like it could ultimately introduce seems extra spicy to me though. Am I missing out?
 
Notice the majority of folks choose maglocked rifles.

Any reason why everyone chooses this route? I hate the pistol grips that featureless imposes(don't really care at all about having to use a brake or fully extended stock).

Messing with the actual receiver function operation particularly on an ar15 with all the eventual feedramp height extractor/ FTF issues it seems like it could ultimately introduce seems extra spicy to me though. Am I missing out?
The maglocked magazine allows for maglock without altering the receiver. Maglock also makes it look cooler. Im also not a proponent of the JT or Kingpin, so why i went with the maglock magazine. In event of AWB strike down or moving to other states, easier to remove magazine andbe a normal rifle
 
The maglocked magazine allows for maglock without altering the receiver. Maglock also makes it look cooler. Im also not a proponent of the JT or Kingpin, so why i went with the maglock magazine. In event of AWB strike down or moving to other states, easier to remove magazine andbe a normal rifle

Isn't that inconvenient when you're shooting a lot though?
 
T65 upper on a colt carbine mag lock lower.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0832.jpeg
    IMG_0832.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0833.jpeg
    IMG_0833.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0834.jpeg
    IMG_0834.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 50
Colt LE6920 upper, Griffin MK2 Ambi lower, VLTOR CASV-EL-2 handguard, Schmid Flat Face single stage trigger, Holosun 403R, Scalarworks Peak rear sight, Streamlight HL-X Pro.
53697440835_a1cc6eea52_h.jpg
 
Last edited:
The lower was bought in I think November of 2005; it is a Stag Arms with a 4-digit serial number. The trigger is either a "national match" or Geissele, I forgot whether I upgraded it. The furniture was made by Ironwood Designs (may he rest in piece). The upper is from White Oaks Armaments, with a stainless bull barrel. The twist of the barrel is selected for 75gr ammo, as this is intended as more of a varmint than a CQB rifle. Scope is a Vortex. Note that there is no maglock and there are features, because it has a bullet button (and is registered as such).

img_1236.crop.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The lower was bought in I think November of 2005; it is a Stag Arms with a 4-digit serial number. The trigger is either a "national match" or Geissele, I forgot whether I upgraded it. The furniture was made by Ironwood Designs (may he rest in piece). The upper is from White Oaks Armaments, with a stainless bull barrel. The twist of the barrel is selected for 75gr ammo, as this is intended as more of a varmint than a CQB rifle. Scope is a Vortex. Note that there is no maglock and there are features, because it has a bullet button (and is registered as such).

View attachment 2360

That is very cool, love the wood furniture.
 
Featureless. I've recently attached a new dot and magnifier but haven't taken photos with those on.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20240813_233605292~2.jpg
    PXL_20240813_233605292~2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 47
Nice looking rigs in this thread!!

I was trying to decide what I’d post. I went with one of my more unusual ones.

This is a Bentwood Gunsmithing OIP (Ounces is Pounds). Arguably, this is one of the builds that got the whole “lightweight AR” fad off the ground back in about 2015.

- Ti takedown/pivot/muzzle brake/gas block
- Special Edition Faxon lightweight barrel (note the dimples to reduce weight)
- CF hand guard (this obviously pre-dates M-Lok haha!!)
- 4lbs 6oz with an Aimpoint and 10-rd mag
- Single-point sling mount (back in the “single-point slings are cool” era, haha!!)
- They allegedly only made 100 of these

Shoots like a dream. Perfectly balanced. Feels like zero recoil when shooting (not that AR’s recoil much, haha!!)

I have the custom light-mount for it too (not shown in the pics). It mounts on the Aimpoint mount.

IMG_6435.jpeg

IMG_6438.jpeg

IMG_6446.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Top is a full Vltor build with DD 16” Barrel and Geissele trigger, and Aimpoint. Bottom is a full Aero 14.5” build with Triji MRO. Both sporting StreamlightS
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9304.jpeg
    IMG_9304.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 47
Nice looking rigs in this thread!!

I was trying to decide what I’d post. I went with one of my more unusual ones.

This is a Bentwood Gunsmithing OIP (Ounces is Pounds). Arguably, this is one of the builds that got the whole “lightweight AR” fad off the ground back in about 2015.

- Ti takedown/pivot/muzzle brake/gas block
- Special Edition Faxon lightweight barrel (note the dimples to reduce weight)
- CF hand guard (this obviously pre-dates M-Lok haha!!)
- 4lbs 6oz with an Aimpoint and 10-rd mag
- Single-point sling mount (back in the “single-point slings are cool” era, haha!!)
- They allegedly only made 100 of these

Shoots like a dream. Perfectly balanced. Feels like zero recoil when shooting (not that AR’s recoil much, haha!!)

I have the custom light-mount for it too (not shown in the pics). It mounts on the Aimpoint mount.

View attachment 8748

View attachment 8749

View attachment 8750

I found more pics of the OIP. This thread made me go pull it out of the archives. It’s so light it feels fake, haha!!

IMG_6444.jpeg

IMG_6448.jpeg

IMG_6449.jpeg
 
Stupid thing ejects on the wrong side!!!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2562.jpeg
    IMG_2562.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom