18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Older Glocks as "investments" and their value

certain guns can be investments. But most are not. They are for us to enjoy by shooting. Not holding on to sell later.

I have some that I consider a solid buy and might make money. But would never call them investments.
 
an investment is something that significantly outpaces inflation so unless it does better than an index fund just sell it now. Even doubling in price likely doesn't make you any money in the end.
 
certain guns can be investments. But most are not. They are for us to enjoy by shooting. Not holding on to sell later.

I have some that I consider a solid buy and might make money. But would never call them investments.

This is the take. Honestly I'd go even further and say guns are such an oversaturated market they're likely to lose value as deflation or stagflation dogs us.

What the hell good is your 10th AR15 when you can't afford your rent. Now if any of you are looking to trade your AR15s or glocks for a nice warm loaf of bread I'm your man ;)
 
If the gen V is a better gun, nobody is going to give a fig about previous gens. Glocks are tools not collectables.

I dont care one iota that my gen 3 Glocks are compatible with switches. Dont flag yourself OP.
I purposely bought some pre-V Glocks because they are switch compatible. I'm not planning on buying a switch or using them that way, but nonetheless, purposely bought them for the reason they're trying to ban them. Because they CAN be easily converted if I wanted to. If the Government and Politicians want to take something away from us, it's probably worth holding onto.
 
I purposely bought some pre-V Glocks because they are switch compatible. I'm not planning on buying a switch or using them that way, but nonetheless, purposely bought them for the reason they're trying to ban them. Because they CAN be easily converted if I wanted to. If the Government and Politicians want to take something away from us, it's probably worth holding onto.
I dig this spicy energy but I’ll be honest I don’t see any tactical value in a full auto glonk
 
I’m one of those guys that has a hard on for Glock. I bought 4 Glocks recently because my understanding is that the gen 3 Glocks have been grandfathered in on the roster in California and had they not they would have the chamber loaded indicator and magazine disconnect. I’m not sure if I’m right but that’s my uneducated reasoning to being a panic buyer haha. I hope the value doesn’t go up. I hope gen v is better but damnit if there is a stupid chamber loaded thingy on top I’m out. Am I right about gen 3s being grandfather into the roster or is that fake news?
 
For a law-abiding gun owner, why would they care that a Glock is "full auto capable"? Unless you plan on illegally passing off your Gen 3s to felons, you won't make your money back. Take M16 cut lower receivers for example. The vast majority of gun owners do not care about M16 cut lowers. The ones that do want the novelty will not pay a premium for it because 1) there are many such lowers in circulation and 2) it is not a necessity.
 
How do you think they get firearms?

Straw purchases from unknowing family or girlfriends etc.

Stealing, and also purchases form KNOWING family and girlfriends. There’s no way you can be around thugs like that and not know. Most of them have been in and out of jail multiple times.
 
Gen 3 Glocks will always be classics. It seems unlikely they will increase in value however if the Gen V and beyond end up being objectively better guns, which considering they are brand new versus decades old design, is certainly a possibility.
And even if the new models initially have problems, you think Glock is just going to give up and stop making guns? They'll resolve any issues if any arise.
 
..... if there is a stupid chamber loaded thingy on top I’m out....
I have one gun that has it, a Hellcat micro, and I don't think it's a big deal or even a dealbreaker for owning it.
Nothing wrong with another added visual safety indicator.

Yes I know, you should clear and check and nanny state arguments but is it really that big of a deal?

Why do you feel that away about it?
 
It will be jumping up in price guaranteed.

Why? Just remember the slogan "Glock Perfection."

That requires a Glock owner to replace bunch of parts to get it to "perfection."

Glock isn't really known to make quality high performance internal parts for their factory-to-store guns.

Glock V for Vag, expect the same "Glock Perfection" factory handguns. Except now, you won't be able to replace much parts to "perfect" your Glocks.

And don't have to deal with billboard LCI and other safety measures.
 
I have one gun that has it, a Hellcat micro, and I don't think it's a big deal or even a dealbreaker for owning it.
Nothing wrong with another added visual safety indicator.

Yes I know, you should clear and check and nanny state arguments but is it really that big of a deal?

Why do you feel that away about it?
I do not mind an LCI if done tastefully. Better than a press check and I the tactile conformation in the dark is a plus.

I’m not a fan however when it is added as an afterthought just checking a box for the roster and not any thought put into its placement, design, or aesthetic.
 
Back
Top Bottom