18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Opinions on picking up a spare.

Makoman

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
Calguns Verified
Messages
147
Classified ads
2
Here's my situation. The Glock 29 SF is my primary EDC. Love the 10mm and I shoot my 29 very well. With AB 1129 looming I've been wanting to get a spare. I'd like ideally to get a gen5 (fat chance, I know) or a gen4, so I've posted a WTB ad. If you were in my shoes, would you wait to come across one of those, or would you just get another 29SF while they are still available and while Glocks are still on the roster?
 
Last edited:
I was in a somewhat similar situation, though I was waiting for S&W 2.0 10mm....and was lucky enough when one became available. Got it and it's now on my CCW.

But a potential ban wasn't in the air back then, so maybe should get one while it's available.
 
I don’t have a carry permit, but I bought a second G34, 3rd generation. I added the same sights (Trijicon night sites) and Surefire lights so the guns are identical in every way. I keep them hidden in two locations in my home. Of course they both use the same magazines.
 
In my opinion, as long as my collection is relatively small, I’d prefer to buy something new and different—even if the differences are subtle—rather than a duplicate. But once the collection grows past a certain size, it starts to make sense to add a second example of something I already own. Back when my guitar collection passed 20, that’s when I first found myself buying two that were almost the same and taking them both to the same gig as a main/backup. Of course I trained/played with all of them.
 
If cost isn't an issue, why not? You can always sell it later. I bought a 34 and 20 SF because of the possibility of a ban. I'll need to get a 19 soon.
 
Two is one and one is none ( or something like that). Any tool or equipment that I deem to be essential I pick up a spare, configured exactly as the first.
 
Back
Top Bottom