18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Orange County CCW Modification Timeline

BONECUTR

Well-known member
📝 Contributor
Verified FFL
Messages
544
Mine took exactly 90 days to add two firearms.
I still have a year left on mine but going forward I will probably just wait for the renewal.

Just putting this out for those thinking about making changes,
 
Good to know. I submitted an address change over a month ago and haven’t heard anything.
 
Mine took 20 days from submission of Training Certificate on the OCSD CCW Portal (CCW Pro) to receipt of new Modified CCW License in my hands.

It took almost a week of phone tag between processor and me to get in touch for them to collect my payment.

All in all, 20 days.
 
Mine took 20 days from submission of Training Certificate on the OCSD CCW Portal (CCW Pro) to receipt of new Modified CCW License in my hands.

It took almost a week of phone tag between processor and me to get in touch for them to collect my payment.

All in all, 20 days.
How long ago was that? I did CCW pro too and uploaded the new firearm addition sheet. Exactly 3 months later they sent the payment link and I have the license a few days later in the mail.
 
How long ago was that? I did CCW pro too and uploaded the new firearm addition sheet. Exactly 3 months later they sent the payment link and I have the license a few days later in the mail.

Timeline:

July 29, 2025 - Modification Info and Training Certificate submitted to OCSD CCW Pro Website
August 14, 2025 - Approval email received
August 18, 2025 - CCW License received
 
Back
Top Bottom