18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

P226 Appreciation Thread

Just finished my build! My final touches were the slide and optic combo from SIG (they surprisingly shipped it to my house without having me upload ID) and the legion slide lock lever.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2652.webp
    IMG_2652.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 73
MK25 with Sig pro cut slide and Trijicon SRO - short reset trigger - E2 grips

Thanks to @DesertDepotArms IMG_0616.webpIMG_0612.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0611.webp
    IMG_0611.webp
    93.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0610.webp
    IMG_0610.webp
    61.7 KB · Views: 35
MK25 with Sig pro cut slide and Trijicon SRO - short reset trigger - E2 grips

Thanks to @DesertDepotArms View attachment 254652View attachment 254654
Man, sold my 226 SAO Legion a few years back. Probably the only gun I've ever regretted selling. Now you got me itching to get back on the 226 train lol. Glad I kept several freedom week 226 mags "in case of emergency". Your MK25 looks awesome.
 
Had a German Import P226 and Off Roster MK25 years ago. Great guns, sold them because at the time 1911 .45acp reined supreme for me. Ah, to be young again.
I sold my off roster mk25 too. now that i’m back and see what they did to the p226 I regret it.
 
Last edited:
Man, sold my 226 SAO Legion a few years back. Probably the only gun I've ever regretted selling. Now you got me itching to get back on the 226 train lol. Glad I kept several freedom week 226 mags "in case of emergency". Your MK25 looks awesome.
Thanks! Never had such a serious built out handgun before.. can’t wait to try the SRO
 
Thanks! Never had such a serious built out handgun before.. can’t wait to try the SRO
Ahh! You have not tried it yet? I swapped my SRO from my legion 320 (getting weird looks from RSO's, so I went back to the classics) onto my P226 X5 and found it sat a little to far forward at the ejection port and was smoking up the lens a little. I put a Defender XL and it and all is good. I would be curious if your MK25 w/ pro cut slide is different.
 
Started off with a P226 MK25 back in the day and now my favorite 226 is my P226X5 STAS
There is just something about that STAS that is stunningly beautiful. Looks aside, the 86 way adjustable trigger is really nice. About as flat shooting as the 2011 big boys too.
 
LOL, no need to choose, enough love to go around

CZ-Family-10-2022-Resized.jpg


CZ-A01-LD.jpg


CZ-Tactical-Sport-Orange-40.jpg


CZ-Shadow-2s-together.jpg


CZ-A01-SD.jpg


CZ-TS2-1.jpg


CZ-TSO.jpg


CZ-Bull-Shadow-Red.jpg
Can I have one?
 
The P226 is really one of those ultimate handguns where when someone says "gun" I think of that or the infamous M9 silhouette
 
Got a ‘94 “KE” stamp. One of the last to get the Made in ‘W’ Germany stamp. Also, my only handgun without a dot. Can’t get myself to send the slide for a cut, lol
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4683.webp
    IMG_4683.webp
    88.9 KB · Views: 16
Got a ‘94 “KE” stamp. One of the last to get the Made in ‘W’ Germany stamp. Also, my only handgun without a dot. Can’t get myself to send the slide for a cut, lol
I would never cut the vintage slide. On the Sig website, you can purchase pre-cut slides.
 
Back
Top Bottom