18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

P226 Grip options?

Gawernator

🛡️ Range Member
Range Member
Messages
5,331
My Mk25 came with the E2 grips when I bought it and I've never changed it. They are thinner and I have small hands so they work. They're not the best looking though and are plastic and not super grippy at all. Would it be worth switching to brass/aluminum grips? Even for just the aesthetics, just not sure if the grip would get too thick

These look really good:
 
I have a hard time recommending anything but G10. it works, it’s durable, and it doesn’t transfer heat or hold heat from the sun. I do have aluminum grips on my shadow 2 though and they are better than plastic, but I wouldn’t have bought them over some kind of G10.
 
Huh, VZ didn’t have any pop up either.


I run those on my p220

Also:
 
Damn you’re right. I just assumed they would since I have Lok and VZ (Wilson combat branded) on my CZ p-01 and Beretta 92fs. Looks like Hogue makes g10 grips for the SIG. I’d go with those.
They used to. Like in the last 2/3 weeks I saw them when I was looking for my p220
 
Run Hogue G10's on my P225. Love them.
oyiA0Iah.jpg
 
Hogue G10s are great and the fiberglass material is super easy to work with. I had to shave mine down slightly to clear a low-profile Legion slide catch I put on my P226 Scorpion. The smaller catch stays out of the way, so my slide finally locks back reliably on the last round. Once you clean the sanded area with a little gun oil, it looks brand new.
 
My Scorpion has the Hogue G10 grips and my X5 has G10 as well, not sure who made those, probably Hogue. My Scorpion has 10k rds through it and a lot of holster wear, the grips still bite good.
 
Back
Top Bottom