18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

P226 slide wear- normal??

maser44

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
17
Been getting a little more active on here for the first time since CalGuns, and I see the wealth of knowledge you all have. Looking for some opinions from some of you with loads more experience…

I have an old P226 that I’ve been noticing some interesting wear patterns on. I don’t take this one out much and is probably still sub 1000 rounds. It seems the trigger bar disconnect is wearing on the slide. As you can see in the pics, there is a slight grove in the disconnect and also a small dent towards the spring assembly on the slide rail. I do not feel any burrs, but can feel the groove or dent with my finger nail. I dug up some old Sig forums and this seems to happen with some of the older ones, but curious what you all think/ have any experience with. FYI- I have installed a SRT on this if that makes a difference. Doesn’t seem to be any play in the disconnect.

Lastly, the circular wear pattern on the slide from the barrel. Almost looks to be machining, but I’ve never seen slides like this.

She is not a safe queen, so if this seems like normal wear I’ll keep breaking her in. As you can see from the pics I keep plenty of oil and tw25b on it. Just want to ensure there is nothing out of the ordinary/ unsafe going on here 😎
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4693.webp
    IMG_4693.webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4695.webp
    IMG_4695.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4698.webp
    IMG_4698.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4700.webp
    IMG_4700.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 75
I took a look at my P226 and I have similar wear spots on the rails, but not as bad as the ones in your pictures (especially the one near the RSA). I also don't have any circular wear patterns on the slide from barrel contact. I don't keep close track of round count, but I'd estimate at least 5k.
 
I took a look at my P226 and I have similar wear spots on the rails, but not as bad as the ones in your pictures (especially the one near the RSA). I also don't have any circular wear patterns on the slide from barrel contact. I don't keep close track of round count, but I'd estimate at least 5k.
This is the response I was excepting. Curious if anyone else has experience with this
 
I’m not worried. I’ve got about 6,000 rounds through mine. At 5,000 rounds I sent it to Sig for deep clean, spring changes, etc. They didn’t express any concern on the frame wear. These pistols are good for over 100,000 rounds if not double that.
 
I’m not worried. I’ve got about 6,000 rounds through mine. At 5,000 rounds I sent it to Sig for deep clean, spring changes, etc. They didn’t express any concern on the frame wear. These pistols are good for over 100,000 rounds if not double that.
You have similar wear from the disconnect?
 
This is the response I was excepting. Curious if anyone else has experience with this

Everything in your pictures is fine. It's metal rubbing against metal, and most of what your pictures show is a little wear on the high points. You can slow it down by making sure you have ample lubrication. Insufficient lubrication will speed up the effect. As on any machine, the wear is greatest when it's new, and then the high points wear down as the machine becomes "broken in."
 
thanks, all. I’ll keep an eye on it and blast away! Any other experiences with this is welcomed.
 
The circular wear is tooling marks from the mill. Older stuff has more of that. What has happened is the high spots are wearing/showing through. That can actually be a good indicator of when it’s totally worn out, when the high spots blend with the lower part of the groove. Lube it and shoot it! Enjoy that fine tool.
 
Thats what I figured. The west germans are folded steel slides and the US are milled. The west germans have far more tooling marks and made out of more parts (like the disassembly lever on w. germans is 2 parts riveted together. ) But the w. german parts that really count like the hammer, sear and barrel are superbly made.
 
Thats what I figured. The west germans are folded steel slides and the US are milled. The west germans have far more tooling marks and made out of more parts (like the disassembly lever on w. germans is 2 parts riveted together. ) But the w. german parts that really count like the hammer, sear and barrel are superbly made.
Was the trigger disconnect made of diamond cuz it sure is eating up that steel in such a low round count. lol
 
Back
Top Bottom