- Messages
- 5,090
skill issueAluminum frame requires periodic greasing. Heavy. Long pull on the first shot, which is considered meh these days.
Come again, what's your criteria of the best all around gun?
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
skill issueAluminum frame requires periodic greasing. Heavy. Long pull on the first shot, which is considered meh these days.
Come again, what's your criteria of the best all around gun?
I’m neither Glock or sig… but if I had to choose. SIG 226/229 no questions. My wife has a shadow system. I like it enough but I wouldn’t choose it on my own.Oddly, I have both a 229 and a G19 on my LTC and I find the G19 too clunky to conceal but the 229 vanishes just fine. Must just be my manner of carrying. I know I’m an outlier. But sure, let’s do this glock Vs sig World Wareleven. Twelve!
It’s the DA/SA decocker platform IMO. I Love my 1911’s but they have their faults. 226 is one of the most reliable handguns ever created. They outperformed m9. But cost too 40% more so US turned it down simply on that. The better performance wasn’t good enough to balance cost.1911 triggers are WAY nicer than the p226 SA trigger pull, even a cheap 1911. I don’t get the obsession over the p226 unless you are trying to pretend like you’re an operator…
Too bad they are far too dangerous to be sold in California.Ultimately, a C9 will do 90% of what any of these guns were talking about probably 95%
Not surprising. I tried CCW'ing my P226 MK25 today to see what would happen and it fit under a slightly baggy t-shirt. Insane lol, I didn't think that was possible. A P229/228 would be easy. However the full size barrel and weight got old pretty fast. Oddly it doesn't seem to print anymore than my M18 which doesn't make sense.Oddly, I have both a 229 and a G19 on my LTC and I find the G19 too clunky to conceal but the 229 vanishes just fine. Must just be my manner of carrying. I know I’m an outlier. But sure, let’s do this glock Vs sig World Wareleven. Twelve!
For what purpose? CCW? Military issue sidearm? Slow-fire target shooting, like bullseye? Handgun hunting? Personal defense at home? Olympic shooting? ...... the best all around handgun ever made.
It can kinda do it all, if it has to.For what purpose? CCW? Military issue sidearm? Slow-fire target shooting, like bullseye? Handgun hunting? Personal defense at home? Olympic shooting? ...
Also, the P210 has entered the chat.
that would be the USPIf SHTF came to fruition and I needed to grab 1 handgun to protect myself and family,
The 1911 lost us vietnam. Nuff saidHey man, 11 world wars and counting! And it fires the lord's caliber, which is basically a mini nuke of justice. The Germans did in fact lose, thus the P226 lost to the all American 1911
I believe that was the M16 and stupidity that lost us that one.The 1911 lost us vietnam. Nuff said
No, if the 1911 won us two world wars (and not the atom bomb, then we defiantly lost Vietnam because of the 1911I believe that was the M16 and stupidity that lost us that one.
It won us 2 world wars because it knew our cause was just. I don't think it agreed with the Vietnam war, and thus, it's heart wasn't in it. Afterwards, we foolishly downgraded to an Italian model and we've not been doing too great since then.No, if the 1911 won us two world wars (and not the atom bomb, then we defiantly lost Vietnam because of the 1911
Now are back to the GermansIt won us 2 world wars because it knew our cause was just. I don't think it agreed with the Vietnam war, and thus, it's heart wasn't in it. Afterwards, we foolishly downgraded to an Italian model and we've not been doing too great since then.
DWX is a better gun but the customer support is ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIsn’t it essentially the same gun with the same ergos etc just metal vs polymer frame? What about the sp2022 do you prefer other than nostalgia?
I meant SP2022 vs P226. I know the DWX is a totally different beast and I’m in love with mineDWX is a better gun but the customer support is ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
i had compact and full size they are gfreat but full size was too heavy for me on transitions and compact was oddly snappy love how simple the internals areI meant SP2022 vs P226. I know the DWX is a totally different beast and I’m in love with mine
I recently heard a senator say we won the war in Afghanistan…How did we lose vietnam, we had a peace treaty settled. Then we refused to get involved when the north and south started fighting again. No other dominos fell that werent already down. I personally blame france for having to ask us for help, typical mooching friend![]()
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!