18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

P226

1911 is notoriously more difficult to service in the field.
I don't see how. The 1911 is actually a pretty simple design, and is very easy to completely disassemble with minimal tools. Not quite Glock simple, but close, and certainly a lot easier than Sigs, HKs, or CZs. I guess it depends on the 1911, obviously if you're using a custom hand fit gun, replacing parts will require fitting more than likely, but that's why military 1911s were made to tolerances that allowed parts interchangability.
 

$2300
I dig the grips, but the camo slide just ain't doing it for me. Either make the whole gun camo, or none of it. Camo slide is nonsense, the grip is what stick out of your holster. Also, $2300 for a camo slide and wood grips is insane. Cool he got his own gun though, I've very much enjoyed the Terminal List shows.
 
I dig the grips, but the camo slide just ain't doing it for me. Either make the whole gun camo, or none of it. Camo slide is nonsense, the grip is what stick out of your holster. Also, $2300 for a camo slide and wood grips is insane. Cool he got his own gun though, I've very much enjoyed the Terminal List shows.
Not even optic ready
 
Many won’t agree with me but I think the zenith of semi auto pistols was the DA/SA hammer fired design. Yes, I also own striker fired pistols as well and enjoy them. Of the various DA/SA I think Sig did it best and I’ve shot most of them. There are no safeties. If I can pull the trigger and there is a round in the chamber, it will fire. The long double action pull makes it feel safer plus I can see the hammer which adds a sense of safety to me. To date, I’ve probably still fired more 45 ACP but as I’ve gotten older, 9 mm is a bit more gently on my hands. I think the P229 is more versatile than a P226 like a G19 is relative to the G17. So, what do I carry? A P365. Wish the P365 was hammer fired rather than striker but the size makes it too handy. If I had to get down to one pistol, no doubt it would be an Sig and there would be much thought to determine if it were a P229 vs. a P365.
 
Many won’t agree with me but I think the zenith of semi auto pistols was the DA/SA hammer fired design. Yes, I also own striker fired pistols as well and enjoy them. Of the various DA/SA I think Sig did it best and I’ve shot most of them. There are no safeties. If I can pull the trigger and there is a round in the chamber, it will fire. The long double action pull makes it feel safer plus I can see the hammer which adds a sense of safety to me. To date, I’ve probably still fired more 45 ACP but as I’ve gotten older, 9 mm is a bit more gently on my hands. I think the P229 is more versatile than a P226 like a G19 is relative to the G17. So, what do I carry? A P365. Wish the P365 was hammer fired rather than striker but the size makes it too handy. If I had to get down to one pistol, no doubt it would be an Sig and there would be much thought to determine if it were a P229 vs. a P365.
I 100% agree the DA/SA setup is the best for most use cases. I am a fan of 1911s and love my DWX, and I also love my striker fired guns, but there is something special about the DA/SA. I’m not super happy with my only DA/SA Sig (SP2022 in .40) but will likely get a p226 Legion soon or some other similar Sig. I LOVE my CZs but only have full size so if I HAD to choose a single gun it might be my G19, but if I had a shadow 2 compact it’d probably be that. I have too many compacts to justify another right now though and getting into competition means more FS guns in my future, but I wish I had more DA/SA than I currently do for sure.

The long initial pull is a good safety mechanism (but still allows accurate and fast first shots if you put a little work in) and the SA is so much nicer than any striker fired trigger I’ve shot. Really the best of both worlds imo
 
I 100% agree the DA/SA setup is the best for most use cases. I am a fan of 1911s and love my DWX, and I also love my striker fired guns, but there is something special about the DA/SA. I’m not super happy with my only DA/SA Sig (SP2022 in .40) but will likely get a p226 Legion soon or some other similar Sig. I LOVE my CZs but only have full size so if I HAD to choose a single gun it might be my G19, but if I had a shadow 2 compact it’d probably be that. I have too many compacts to justify another right now though and getting into competition means more FS guns in my future, but I wish I had more DA/SA than I currently do for sure.

The long initial pull is a good safety mechanism (but still allows accurate and fast first shots if you put a little work in) and the SA is so much nicer than any striker fired trigger I’ve shot. Really the best of both worlds imo
i liked the dwx but man it was so snappy and heavy triggerd
 
I'm a big fan of DA/SA guns, I really wish companies would start releasing some new ones. The CZs with Cajun triggers and Berettas with LTT triggers are amazing. I just picked up a Smith 59 as well that may end up being a carry gun, depending on how it shoots. I do prefer either a gun with a well designed safety (1911), or a da/sa gun for carry. I know lots of people carry Glocks with no issues, but if I've got a loaded gun pointed near my junk, I prefer a little extra safety just for peace of mind.
 
I'm a big fan of DA/SA guns, I really wish companies would start releasing some new ones. The CZs with Cajun triggers and Berettas with LTT triggers are amazing. I just picked up a Smith 59 as well that may end up being a carry gun, depending on how it shoots. I do prefer either a gun with a well designed safety (1911), or a da/sa gun for carry. I know lots of people carry Glocks with no issues, but if I've got a loaded gun pointed near my junk, I prefer a little extra safety just for peace of mind.
That’s interesting, I feel safer with my G19 than with my DWX (1911ish) in condition 1 pointed at my nuts. Maybe that’s irrational and I just need more time with the DWX but there’s something about having a gun with a 3lb trigger pointed at my junk that makes me a bit uneasy
 
That’s interesting, I feel safer with my G19 than with my DWX (1911ish) in condition 1 pointed at my nuts. Maybe that’s irrational and I just need more time with the DWX but there’s something about having a gun with a 3lb trigger pointed at my junk that makes me a bit uneasy
Well, the only gun I carry cocked and locked is my 1911s, and I feel fine with those because even in the off chance the thumb safety gets bumped off, I've still got the grip safety as a secondary. Having both of those plus a decent holster that completely covers the trigger, I feel quite comfortable .
 
i liked the dwx but man it was so snappy and heavy triggerd
Really? I’ve found it really soft shooting, comparable to my full size SP-01 almost, and my trigger is a nice crisp 3.5lbs without any tinkering. I imagine I could tweak the sear spring to lower that a bit, but don’t want to as I am carrying it. Did you measure your trigger pull weight? I’ve heard of some QC issues with the safety engagement, finish, etc so wonder if you got a bad apple…
 
Well, the only gun I carry cocked and locked is my 1911s, and I feel fine with those because even in the off chance the thumb safety gets bumped off, I've still got the grip safety as a secondary. Having both of those plus a decent holster that completely covers the trigger, I feel quite comfortable .
Yeah I suppose with a grip safety I might feel better, but DW didn’t add one. I’m glad, as I don’t like them generally, and I’m still carrying it, but I definitely am a little more careful and think about it more often than if I’m carrying my g19 or p365
 
The Sig Sauer P226 MK25 is the best all around handgun ever made. That is all.
Corrections the German frame, German or Swiss made 226s are some of the best handguns ever made! The US made P series are all trash, especially CA compliant P series guns.
 
Corrections the German frame, German or Swiss made 226s are some of the best handguns ever made! The US made P series are all trash, especially CA compliant P series guns.
They don't have a light rail and ok lol maybe you just need to get better at shooting if you are having issues with a modern p226. The US military trials disagree, I'm gonna go with that over some ramblings
 
Back
Top Bottom