18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Panic Buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker67

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
Founder 2026 2
Messages
462
Anyone stocking up now or panic buying?

I was looking for projectiles. Prices have risen dramatically and most common are out of stock: Blue Bullets had some , Summit City is cleaned out. Precision Delta is cleaned out.

Last shortage , there was powder and projectiles but no primers. I’m stocked well with primers and pistol powder. I could use more projectiles and H335.

Looking at factory ammo… 147 gn is expensive even before hazmat, tax, shipping if you can find it . Cheapest Blazer 124 gn is estimated at $325 shipped. Almost double reloading costs. I don’t load 115’s but those seem to be plentiful. Target was out of 124 and 147 gn ammo and was down to no name brands

I found some cheap H335 … before tax, hazmat and shipping . That drives it up to $46 a lb! Thats .16 cents a round of .223 just for powder! Price with new primers and powder is about .30 cents a round. I was at .22 cents with old components.

I’m seeing Bosnian and Magtech 5.56 for .61 and .48 cents before shipping , tax and hazmat. Target Sports has .556 starting in the .52 cent range before taxes, and all the fees which land it in the range of .61 cents a round.

Suddenly .30 cents to reload .223 doesn’t seem so bad.
 
Last edited:
Anyone stocking up now or panic buying?
I think there’s a general consensus that ammo prices could rise by around 10% this year, mainly due to higher material costs. However, I don’t expect a shortage like we saw during the pandemic. That said, cost of living across the board are expected to increase this year, so it’s not surprising.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom