18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Picture Quality on Classified Ads

HoboOC

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
3
Classified ads
2
Was making a new listing, and I keep running into an issue where the high-quality pictures I take dramatically degrade in quality upon upload. Wanted to see if you guys have any tips and tricks to keep your pictures looking pristine when uploading them for classified ads.
 
Was making a new listing, and I keep running into an issue where the high-quality pictures I take dramatically degrade in quality upon upload. Wanted to see if you guys have any tips and tricks to keep your pictures looking pristine when uploading them for classified ads.
We downgrade to 1024x1024 for compression. You can upload to Imgur for high quality pics. It’s mainly because 70% of users are mobile and download images faster this way for the majority. If you use Imgur they load hq image because they want to
 
We downgrade to 1024x1024 for compression. You can upload to Imgur for high quality pics. It’s mainly because 70% of users are mobile and download images faster this way for the majority. If you use Imgur they load hq image because they want to
It's funny because the number one request I always get on my classified ads. Is the buyers want me to send them better pics of what I'm selling it's kinda a pain in the ass.
 
It's funny because the number one request I always get on my classified ads. Is the buyers want me to send them better pics of what I'm selling it's kinda a pain in the ass.
If you’re camera is decent. The picture quality will be okay. If you need additional pictures upgrade up to 10. If there are enough paying members then I can upgrade the quality and size.

This is one of the biggest costs. The main work around is upload to Imgur and post the link in your listing. It’s free and I’m sorry but when this was setup, I paid for it out of pocket and was subsidized by paying members. its better now but we serve a lot more images. But is something I would consider

I really don’t mind upping it, but the community has to support it. If you want a one stop shop, we need more people to support the features.

From stats on my end 50-60% of items gets sold within 48 hours of listing it. What exactly are people asking you for? If it’s more pictures, upgrade , we actually had to reduce it because we get millions of hits a monthIMG_3972.webp
 
Last edited:
If you’re camera is decent. The picture quality will be okay. If you need additional pictures upgrade up to 10. If there are enough paying members then I can upgrade the quality and size.

This is one of the biggest costs. The main work around is upload to Imgur and post the link in your listing. It’s free and I’m sorry but when this was setup, I paid for it out of pocket and was subsidized by paying members. No one really supports 2A sites.

I really don’t mind upping it, but the community has to support it. If you want a one stop shop, we need more people to support the features.

From stats on my end 50-60% of items gets sold within 48 hours of listing it. What exactly are people asking you for? If it’s more pictures, upgrade , we actually had to reduce it because we get millions of hits a monthView attachment 257915
48 hours you say, I want a refund hahaha.

I am just a picky seller and don’t care if it moves any time soon.
 
48 hours you say, I want a refund hahaha.

I am just a picky seller and don’t care if it moves any time soon.
As long as you know it, you can speed it up at will. You support other members and our RAM, so you get to keep it up longer if you want to wait. There’s always a balance. The larger the file sizes , the more data usage and battery usage. Same with light and dark modes, we optimize for mobile if you haven’t tried our PWA app. Dark mode by default saves battery.

I always offer no questions asked refunds. I’ve only had to do it once.
 
As long as you know it, you can speed it up at will. You support other members and our RAM, so you get to keep it up longer if you want to wait. There’s always a balance. The larger the file sizes , the more data usage and battery usage. Same with light and dark modes, we optimize for mobile if you haven’t tried our PWA app. Dark mode by default saves battery.

I always offer no questions asked refunds. I’ve only had to do it once.
lol I don’t want my money back I was giving you 💩 about my listing being up for like 5 days or something. Literally was bullied to sell anything as I “have lots of posts and no feedback” I forgot who pointed it out.

You keep my money silly trash panda. I’m going to start mailing you ten year old xeon’s next 🤣
 
Last edited:
lol I don’t want my money back I was giving you 💩 about my listing being up for like 5 days or something. Literally was felt bullied to sell anything as I “have lots of posts and no feedback” I forgot who pointed it out.

You keep my money silly trash panda. I’m going to start mailing you ten year old xeon’s next 🤣
Putting it out there. I’m old school with that money back guarantee!

🦝
 
If you’re camera is decent. The picture quality will be okay. If you need additional pictures upgrade up to 10. If there are enough paying members then I can upgrade the quality and size.

This is one of the biggest costs. The main work around is upload to Imgur and post the link in your listing. It’s free and I’m sorry but when this was setup, I paid for it out of pocket and was subsidized by paying members. its better now but we serve a lot more images. But is something I would consider

I really don’t mind upping it, but the community has to support it. If you want a one stop shop, we need more people to support the features.

From stats on my end 50-60% of items gets sold within 48 hours of listing it. What exactly are people asking you for? If it’s more pictures, upgrade , we actually had to reduce it because we get millions of hits a monthView attachment 257915
Buyers aren't asking for more pics just higher resolution pics. Usually, what works is I just email the buyer the same pics as in my Ad.
 
Buyers aren't asking for more pics just higher resolution pics. Usually, what works is I just email the buyer the same pics as in my Ad.
Then the bottom line is the more revenue we get this will move up. This will be the next upgrade we do when we can. I’m not against a minor bump but keep in mind the math that happens and how exponential it gets if we load.

Can you post a picture of one that someone wanted better quality? This comment is fairly rare, but it does come in. So I want to see what kind of quality you’re uploading.

IMG_3829.webp
 
Then the bottom line is the more revenue we get this will move up. This will be the next upgrade we do when we can. I’m not against a minor bump but keep in mind the math that happens and how exponential it gets if we load.

Can you post a picture of one that someone wanted better quality? This comment is fairly rare, but it does come in. So I want to see what kind of quality you’re uploading.

View attachment 257976
Pics. I know my picture taking skills aint the best.
 

Attachments

  • DS9 4.webp
    DS9 4.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DS9 6.webp
    DS9 6.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DWX 2.webp
    DWX 2.webp
    79.6 KB · Views: 16
@ikeo1 How do I add full size pics like you did above?
When they click on it it’ll go full-size. I’m just doing it as an example. In classifieds it’s better if you do it your way because you get a light box carousel.

It’s better than stacking IMO
 
As long as you know it, you can speed it up at will. You support other members and our RAM, so you get to keep it up longer if you want to wait. There’s always a balance. The larger the file sizes , the more data usage and battery usage. Same with light and dark modes, we optimize for mobile if you haven’t tried our PWA app. Dark mode by default saves battery.

I always offer no questions asked refunds. I’ve only had to do it once.
Wait there’s an app for this site? I’ve just been using safari.
 
It seems, non-supporters are the ones that motherless 🐐 the most. Damn strange huh? How hard is it to send pics if asked. I am more willing to send texts with pic if asked and have been asked. You guys know me I hate Computers and Iphones etc. The deal with me is if it helps make a sale I will do it. Except a lap dance etc and pay for your gas. 🤪
I could say more but thought better of it.
 
I'm an old geez. I don't have a smart phone.
Not too late to get one. I'm an Asian, and probably the only Asian (over the age of 30 at the time) who didn't have a smart phone until 2016, who didn't get into any type of social media until 2018 (start of "gunning", join of calguns.) Didn't have facebook until 2020.

Never too late.
 
Back
Top Bottom