18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Private reloading sales forum gone?

Check this out

 
Let me know your thoughts in the poll page. Some people were saying the forum was confusing cause you had to click across. By going directly, its a simpler flow to find things without going back and forth. It's holdover from how CGN does it, otherwise people might not look at the Classifieds
I like the classified's layout - it's very similar to some other sites i have been on.

to be honest i would probably dump the for sale forums and make them redirects to the classifieds themselves. I'd probably dump them all together but i don't think that will go over well with the user base. As it will be 'harder' to find the classifieds (even though there's a button on top)

The forums kind of seem a bit 'extra' unless you are wanting discussion posts on a classified post. Just my opinions
 
The forums kind of seem a bit 'extra' unless you are wanting discussion posts on a classified post. Just my opinions
Your opinions matter here, if enough peoplesay the same things. ;) I got enough feedback now to make this change. You can see the marketplace forum was replaced with the newest listings so there's still something there if you're here. Hopefully the change overall goes well.

I'd probably dump them all together but i don't think that will go over well with the user base. As it will be 'harder' to find the classifieds (even though there's a button on top
Yeah, i was going to do that, but it's too big of a shock, so I started with the smaller forums and made a note. Nudging people over there cause most people like yourself will. Next step is to remove the larger forums after some time.

Thanks for chiming in. I never know how it goes until someone says something. lol
 
Your opinions matter here, if enough peoplesay the same things. ;) I got enough feedback now to make this change. You can see the marketplace forum was replaced with the newest listings so there's still something there if you're here. Hopefully the change overall goes well.


Yeah, i was going to do that, but it's too big of a shock, so I started with the smaller forums and made a note. Nudging people over there cause most people like yourself will. Next step is to remove the larger forums after some time.

Thanks for chiming in. I never know how it goes until someone says something. lol
I work in software and deal with highly credentialed end users that completely lose their entire life's worth of education when a button is moved, changed or even modified.... i get it lol
 
I work in software and deal with highly credentialed end users that completely lose their entire life's worth of education when a button is moved, changed or even modified.... i get it lol
Same, I can already hear it. I've moved this so that only registered users can view that section. Unregistered users will not see the section as we continue the transition. We've had to change some things around for compliance reasons.
 
I just moved it back into place, its causing some confusion for people who don't know. People who know think its wasted space, but people who don't know think its gone. I also want to have people hang around the forums a bit more.

Always interesting to see how people respond to changes.
 
Back
Top Bottom