18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

R66 event

5$ not bad i might just go and buy a couple and leave afterwards

I think it's also $5 per ticket to try out guns in the live fire area. I'll be checking that part out tomorrow.

Most of the waiting/lining up is entering the venue, since there's only one entrance/exit (R66 got pretty backed up), and the live fire area. If you're looking to buy ammo, there was a pretty long line for that as well. The gun store's line wasn't too bad from what I saw, but I didn't stick around long enough to see how long people actually had to wait. Savior had a pretty decent line as well, for the deals they had.

Either way, a pretty fun expo all things considered. It was nice seeing all the vendors that showed up, and it's fun chatting with them. There were more people than I expected given the weather, so I'm curious what Sundays turnout will be, since it's mainly the same thing (but with some different raffle bundles).
 
I think it's also $5 per ticket to try out guns in the live fire area. I'll be checking that part out tomorrow.

Most of the waiting/lining up is entering the venue, since there's only one entrance/exit (R66 got pretty backed up), and the live fire area. If you're looking to buy ammo, there was a pretty long line for that as well. The gun store's line wasn't too bad from what I saw, but I didn't stick around long enough to see how long people actually had to wait. Savior had a pretty decent line as well, for the deals they had.

Either way, a pretty fun expo all things considered. It was nice seeing all the vendors that showed up, and it's fun chatting with them. There were more people than I expected given the weather, so I'm curious what Sundays turnout will be, since it's mainly the same thing (but with some different raffle bundles).
For Sig you don’t need tickets.
 
I think it's also $5 per ticket to try out guns in the live fire area. I'll be checking that part out tomorrow.

Most of the waiting/lining up is entering the venue, since there's only one entrance/exit (R66 got pretty backed up), and the live fire area. If you're looking to buy ammo, there was a pretty long line for that as well. The gun store's line wasn't too bad from what I saw, but I didn't stick around long enough to see how long people actually had to wait. Savior had a pretty decent line as well, for the deals they had.

Either way, a pretty fun expo all things considered. It was nice seeing all the vendors that showed up, and it's fun chatting with them. There were more people than I expected given the weather, so I'm curious what Sundays turnout will be, since it's mainly the same thing (but with some different raffle bundles)

I think it's also $5 per ticket to try out guns in the live fire area. I'll be checking that part out tomorrow.

Most of the waiting/lining up is entering the venue, since there's only one entrance/exit (R66 got pretty backed up), and the live fire area. If you're looking to buy ammo, there was a pretty long line for that as well. The gun store's line wasn't too bad from what I saw, but I didn't stick around long enough to see how long people actually had to wait. Savior had a pretty decent line as well, for the deals they had.

Either way, a pretty fun expo all things considered. It was nice seeing all the vendors that showed up, and it's fun chatting with them. There were more people than I expected given the weather, so I'm curious what Sundays turnout will be, since it's mainly the same thing (but with some different raffle bundles).
And hopefully tomorrow wont be as busy so less competition to win prizes 😅
 
My biggest gripe was the total, absolute F-ing 💩show for the sales, especially ammo. Great prices, but they assign you a time to get in line. Seems good until you show up and there's a 2 & 1/2 hour F-ing wait afterwards to buy whatever you wanted. Are you F-ing kidding me?

Great vendors, awesome crowds. Everything else smooth as silk. Lines to shoot for everything but the goddamn staccato were smooth and quick. For some reason, staccato was taking around 10-12 minutes per person to shoot 5-10 rounds. Don't know what the major malfunction was there. Got my money back and said the hell with it on that one.
 
My biggest gripe was the total, absolute F-ing 💩show for the sales, especially ammo. Great prices, but they assign you a time to get in line. Seems good until you show up and there's a 2 & 1/2 hour F-ing wait afterwards to buy whatever you wanted. Are you F-ing kidding me?

Great vendors, awesome crowds. Everything else smooth as silk. Lines to shoot for everything but the goddamn staccato were smooth and quick. For some reason, staccato was taking around 10-12 minutes per person to shoot 5-10 rounds. Don't know what the major malfunction was there. Got my money back and said the hell with it on that one.
I went to buy ammo and was told next window is 3 hrs from then lol. I was like nope im good
 
My biggest gripe was the total, absolute F-ing 💩show for the sales, especially ammo. Great prices, but they assign you a time to get in line. Seems good until you show up and there's a 2 & 1/2 hour F-ing wait afterwards to buy whatever you wanted. Are you F-ing kidding me?

Great vendors, awesome crowds. Everything else smooth as silk. Lines to shoot for everything but the goddamn staccato were smooth and quick. For some reason, staccato was taking around 10-12 minutes per person to shoot 5-10 rounds. Don't know what the major malfunction was there. Got my money back and said the hell with it on that one.
Agreed. Me and my buddy waited almost 2 hours just to shoot 30 rounds.
 
I was planning on getting there around 1/2pm. Will that be enough time to see everything?

I think it'll depend on what you want to do. If you're looking to live fire, buy ammo, browse the store, enter the raffle, chat up all the vendors and grope all the demo guns they've got...I'd try to get there before 11. The biggest variables are the lines for the event entrance/parking, and for buying ammo.
 
I think it'll depend on what you want to do. If you're looking to live fire, buy ammo, browse the store, enter the raffle, chat up all the vendors and grope all the demo guns they've got...I'd try to get there before 11. The biggest variables are the lines for the event entrance/parking, and for buying ammo.

That’s quite unfortunate. I hope it’s worth the sleep I'm finna lose.
 
I was planning on getting there around 1/2pm. Will that be enough time to see everything?
Yes, but lines will be longer and parking will be a motherless 🐐. But there won't be a line to get in by the either. Most of the swag will be snatched up too. Savior bag/ear pro deal was selling like friggin' hotcakes. Bring earpro one way or the other. My tinnitus made me gear up on the first vendor concourse once the shootin' starts.
 
I went to buy ammo and was told next window is 3 hrs from then lol. I was like nope im good
It was a complete 💩show last year too, but the "assigned time" thing was supposed to be the solution. Yeah...heap big no.

Whats the goddamn point of the 💩ty "system" when you show up at your time, and they're backed up 2-3 hours, and no rain checks either? I mean, I did my part, signed up early, showed up on time... R66 needs to seriously get their 💩 together when it comes to sales. This ain't their first F-ing rodeo. There's no excuse.
 
Agreed. Me and my buddy waited almost 2 hours just to shoot 30 rounds.
The free Sig line was quick and smooth. Kimber line, smooth. Agency arms.... No one in line. Holosun booth? Quick and easy.

Staccato was an utter clusterF-. And for the life of me, I don't know why. One of the causes when I was in line was a homie a little too old for the handgun and was limp-wristing (I mean, he really couldn't not) and was jamming every other shot. So his 10-round turn took 20 minutes. But I was in line nearly an hour when I gave up and got my fiver back there was still 12 dudes in front of me.
 
Back
Top Bottom