18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

R66 event

Wife pointed out something too, as a former business owner, she's spot on.

R66 is leaving tons of money on the table. Every person stuck in a bull💩 line for hours and hours, you know what they're not doing?

Spending money.

Not on food, not on drinks, not on accessories, not on guns, not on ammo, not on optics, not on grips. They're not buying raffle tickets. Nothing. And when you get pissed off and leave? Again...

Not.

Making.

Money.

I'd have to say it's probably into the 10's of thousands of dollars walking away today out of frustration. And probably even more tomorrow.

This is what, their 5th expo? How is it getting worse every year!? How can you possibly not be learning year after year?

I mean, once you're and hour or more behind, stamp your "ammo" badge and have people put down a non-refundable deposit, and tell them "You got a week to pickup, buddy." and be done with it. This ain't rocket surgery.
 
The free Sig line was quick and smooth. Kimber line, smooth. Agency arms.... No one in line. Holosun booth? Quick and easy.

Staccato was an utter clusterF-. And for the life of me, I don't know why. One of the causes when I was in line was a homie a little too old for the handgun and was limp-wristing (I mean, he really couldn't not) and was jamming every other shot. So his 10-round turn took 20 minutes. But I was in line nearly an hour when I gave up and got my fiver back there was still 12 dudes in front of me.

I skipped the Staccato booth when I saw how slow it was going. Was laughing with some guy because he was carrying an XC & he didn’t even know why he was waiting in line.
 
Oh, and the guys bringing their prius or some other low-slung, low power 4-banger? You're gonna be sliding back down that entrance hill. Ask me how I know.

Because they won't spray down the loose powdery dirt and 2-wheel drive vehicles will lose traction. You're behind one of those, give 'em lots of space in front. I nearly wore a prius as hood ornament on my 4runner this morning.
 
Is there a list of what's available to try at the live fire booths? I heard from the Beretta vendor that they've got a few LTTs.
 
Is there a list of what's available to try at the live fire booths? I heard from the Beretta vendor that they've got a few LTTs.
From what I saw it’s Vortex, Holosun, SIG, Kimber, and Staccato. P.S don’t go to the Staccato booth if you’re not willing to wait 1+ hours to shoot a couple mags.
 
The free Sig line was quick and smooth. Kimber line, smooth. Agency arms.... No one in line. Holosun booth? Quick and easy.

Staccato was an utter clusterF-. And for the life of me, I don't know why. One of the causes when I was in line was a homie a little too old for the handgun and was limp-wristing (I mean, he really couldn't not) and was jamming every other shot. So his 10-round turn took 20 minutes. But I was in line nearly an hour when I gave up and got my fiver back there was still 12 dudes in front of me.
Lol I saw that older fella too. We might have been in the same line.
 
I ended up going yesterday with a buddy and it was better than last years. More vendors were there but it was hot as balls. Keeping in the shade or bringing an umbrella and lots of water is needed. For what you can test out it all minus Sig has the 5 dollar cards again. Sig is allwoing you to test out their guns without needing to pay but you have to sign a digital waiver which due to the shiity cell reception(AT&T) takes a bit. They did not have the new 385 line there but did have the GT5 and GT4.

Both GT5 and GT4 shot well. I kinda like the GT4 a bit more but they both seem sold to me. Agency arms was there with all their custom glocks which was cool as well as the NOC 2.0. Staccito was there again with lots of guns. Didn't shoot any since Kimber was the main attraction to be besides Sig. I will say Kimber's 2011 line is extremely nice. You can shoot all three version and my personal opinion they shoot better then Sig's 2011's.

Some of the same vendors that were there last year were here again along with some new ones. All in all it was woth a long driver fom SD for me to be able to test out and speak to the manufactures about their guns directly due to the high price points of 2011's.
 
Last edited:
I ended up going yesterday with a buddy and it was better than last years. More vendors were there but it was hot as balls. Keeping in the shade or bringing an umbrella and lots of water is needed. For what you can test out it all minus Sig has the 5 dollar cards again. Sig is allwoing you to test out their guns without needing to pay but you have to sign a digital waiver which due to the shiity cell reception(AT&T) takes a bit. They did not have the new 385 line there but did have the GT5 and GT4.

Both GT5 and GT4 shot well. I kinda like the GT4 a but more but they both seem sold to me. Agency arms was there with all their custom glocks which was cool as well as the NOC 2.0. Staccito was there again with lots of guns. Didn't shoot any since Kimber was the main attraction to be besides Sig. I will say Kimber's 2011 line is extremely nice. You can shoot all three version and my personal opinion they shoot better then Sig's 2011's.

Some of the same vendors that were there last year were here again along with some new ones. All in all it was woth a long driver fom SD for me to be able to test out and speak to the manufactures about their guns directly due to the high price points of 2011's.
Sig allowed to test only one per person today. I choose gt5, liked it a lot. Not nearly as hot as it was yesterday.
Was going to buy PDP compact today, but line at gun store was pretty long
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1673.webp
    IMG_1673.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom