A lot of people are getting CCW due to peers or media or "too be cool". Many of them probably live lives that would see minimal to no violence ever.
This is why I would want Open Carry. I would at least know which dumbasses are gunowners to stay away from. Without it, these dumbasses are carrying without you knowing, and you might catch a stray bullet from the dumbass next to you.
I am one of those who see minimal to no violence⦠isnāt that the way we actually want it? Iām not out in the nightlife, or cruising bad areas of L.A (though I donāt need to go too far to be in a bad area). Iām not so concerned about getting carjacked or robbed (not that Iām not aware of my surroundings).
Iām not getting my CCW because I expect to be in a conflict. I sincerely hope I never need to draw my weapon in what is left of my lifetime (Iām 60)⦠BUT, when I am out riding, I find myself in some very remote areas where there is no help and no cell service so I need to be able to fend for myself.
Hell even the āold ridge routeā between the 138 and Castaic can seem isolated af when youāre on it alone (cool un-maintained apocalypse type road

). In the off chance I should come across someone that may do me harm, I donāt want to end up like that poor couple that got knifed to death on a trailhead in Arkansas.
Pretty much everyone I know just carries loaded in their vehicle anyway⦠I just know that if I did it, Iād somehow be the one to get caught/cited or worse.
Iām doing this (mostly) so I can carry a loaded firearm on the road legally and donāt need to be worried about it if I get pulled over.
I work at a large high school so āactualā edc isnāt a reality for me.
Iām a marine vet, and take carrying seriously⦠as soon as I get my AIWB holster (on order) I will be doing the CCW drills regularly (have basic firearm/range safety down of course, and am a decent shot).