By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
I do not suggest Lee equipment unless the price difference between Lee and a Dillon press is what would preclude you from being able to reload at all.Are there any progressive machines anyone would NOT suggest?
I had the old Lee Pro 1000 or whatever it was called and loaded a whole lot of 40 S&W on it. For the price, it was fine but they're finicky. I'd very much suggest saving up and going with the Hornady, RCBS, or Dillon progressive if you're going to load a lot. I went Dillon 650 for my progressive and haven't had a single complaint. I still have RCBS turret and several RCBS and Lee single stage presses I use as well but progressive, I recommend skipping the Lee unless money is REAL tight.Are there any progressive machines anyone would NOT suggest?
I like the Hornady bullet puller cam lock style but I also used an rcbs bullet puller. The Hornady is easier to damage projectiles or case but is a little faster and easier to use. Both have a collet system. Rcbs can be found cheap on the used market Hornady not so much. Both are easy to learn onCan I get some pointers on bullet puller system. I’d like to use a press instead of inertia puller. Most likely calibers we will be dealing with are 9mm, .380, .223, .308, 30-30. I have not ventured into the 44,45,10mm ….yet…to spare my bank account from a new addiction…