18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Feedback Implemented Remove Marketplace forum to reduce duplicates

Do you use the marketplace forum for searching?

  • Yes

    Votes: 4 8.2%
  • No

    Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Classifieds!

    Votes: 31 63.3%

  • Total voters
    49
Unless ordered or requested by a 3 letter agency, sold items should disappear from servers.
That’s not how we operate. This site is for lawful exchanges, doing it your way would do the opposite and put us at risk. We are working on limiting certain things from view after time, but let’s be real, would you take that kind of heat for internet randos who take and have high expectations.

The things you’re asking for brings 💩to the table. Name one successful site that does it this way. There’s a reason for that.
 
Last edited:
I used it to see the most recent post of classifieds, now that it’s mixed with others bumping old post, I don’t have time scrolling to see new posts
Use the filter to sort by create date. Otherwise the forum was no different. Those were mixed in too. This setting will only show new ones.

If you’re a subscriber, you can save your search settings


1755869480476.png
 
That’s not how we operate. This site is for lawful exchanges, doing it your way would do the opposite and put us at risk. We are working on limiting certain things from view after time, but let’s be real, would you take that kind of heat for internet randos who take and have high expectations.

The things you’re asking for brings 💩to the table. Name one successful site that does it this way. There’s a reason for that.
Almost every site/ forum I have been on allows you/ user/ seller to delete ad listings, or even deleted by admin to declutter, or even ask admin to delete, and they will.

Lets see, Armslist, AR15.com, Reddit, Calguns.net, Graybeards, and I am sure there are more.

AR15.com allows you to reply in ads if something ain't right. Reddit gafs allows threadcrapping.

There is a reason why people are asking for sold listings to be removed, or people asking if they could delete their ads here and there on this forum.

The things I ask for has been asked before by other members.
 
Last edited:
These show up because it is in the forum. If it's in the Classifieds section they won't show up. There's a clean up that happens where the sold and expired go away, but you still have some duplicates until they get removed.

We're trying to guide users to use the Classifieds section specifically. We've wanted to do this for awhile but a lot of people are familiar with the forum style listings.
There's a clean up or no? Ikeo specified the sold etc posts are here to stay a couple posts above this? Yes, no?
 
Almost every site/ forum I have been on allows you/ user/ seller to delete ad listings, or even deleted by admin to declutter.

Lets see, Armslist, AR15.com, Reddit, Calguns.net, Graybeards, and I am sure there are more.

There is a reason why people are asking for sold listings to be removed, or people asking if they could delete their ads here and there on this forum.

The things I ask for has been asked before by other members.
None of those are successful or perhaps our definition of successful is different. Reddit does not allow firearms if you haven’t noticed and were already bigger than armslist after a year by views.

There is a reason and it’s not a good reason to delete listings. I’d like you to show me that armslist allows you to delete listings.
 
There's a clean up or no? Ikeo specified the sold etc posts are here to stay a couple posts above this? Yes, no?
Clean up of the forums which is now removed. We’re working on a new spec but removals can be a site you create if there’s a big audience for it. That’s not the way we’ll do things here, I hope I’m very clear about that.
 
None of those are successful or perhaps our definition of successful is different. Reddit does not allow firearms if you haven’t noticed and were already bigger than armslist after a year by views.

There is a reason and it’s not a good reason to delete listings. I’d like you to show me that armslist allows you to delete listings.
Armslist allows you to deactivate your listing so it does not show up anywhere, thus deleting the ads from other regular people, unless requested or ordered by court/agency.

Reddit does not allow firearms, but that isn't the point? This is about ad deletions?

Armslist does not have a forum, being bigger than craigslist isn't a flex though.

AR15.com, Graybeards is what I'd call successful above others. Even Calguns.net was successful until it wasn't. 🤷‍♂️.
 
That’s not how we operate. This site is for lawful exchanges, doing it your way would do the opposite and put us at risk. We are working on limiting certain things from view after time, but let’s be real, would you take that kind of heat for internet randos who take and have high expectations.

The things you’re asking for brings 💩to the table. Name one successful site that does it this way. There’s a reason for that.

I don't believe that deleting marketplace posts put you at any real risk.
You are not part of any transaction that is not "yours".
I would think you'd prefer to favor your members that have high expectations and not the high expectations of internet randos.

Calguns was very successful for a long time and allowed you to delete (by editing the content) marketplace posts.
I still use/watch the Calguns marketplace.

Once I've completed a legal transaction (the only kind that I do), I don't think it's anyone else's business what I sold or what the asking price was.

Since you don't want to allow editing of the price after a item has been either sold or closed and you want to keep the data, I would prefer that my sold or closed items get removed from public view.
Archive them if you must.
 
Clean up of the forums which is now removed. We’re working on a new spec but removals can be a site you create if there’s a big audience for it. That’s not the way we’ll do things here, I hope I’m very clear about that.
Yea, you're clear. Just seemed that none of the mods seemed to have been on same page as you. I was quoting a mod who said there would be a cleanup.
 
I don't believe that deleting marketplace posts put you at any real risk.
You are not part of any transaction that is not "yours".
I would think you'd prefer to favor your members that have high expectations and not the high expectations of internet randos.

Calguns was very successful for a long time and allowed you to delete (by editing the content) marketplace posts.
I still use/watch the Calguns marketplace.

Once I've completed a legal transaction (the only kind that I do), I don't think it's anyone else's business what I sold or what the asking price was.

Since you don't want to allow editing of the price after a item has been either sold or closed and you want to keep the data, I would prefer that my sold or closed items get removed from public view.
Archive them if you must.
I like being able to see what items were listed at that sold. It helps me to gauge what a fair price is for purchasing and for listing an item.
 
Since you don't want to allow editing of the price after a item has been either sold or closed and you want to keep the data, I would prefer that my sold or closed items get removed from public view.
Archive them if you must.
This is the feature we’re working on. Writing up the specifications with @doser to see how it will work and draft proposal.

This is also an expensive feature so I’ve been thinking about crowd funding it but not til we finish the spec.

Just as an FYI, feedback and sold listings aren’t not open to the public, you must be a registered member. When we removed the forums that removed it from public view for sold and closed items.

The platform takes time to mature and funds.

I don't believe that deleting marketplace posts put you at any real risk.
You are not part of any transaction that is not "yours".
Not according to the lawyers I’ve spoken to. It’s better to keep and retain for a period before being removed. Calguns still has sold listings from 2006. Here it will be automated to follow auditable standards.

There are other sites on Tor if people want complete anonymity this isn’t that kind of place.

Calguns has its set of rules and it differs from here by design. A lot of people cross post and I encourage it because they’re different audiences. I totally get and understand your point but we’ve been advised to do it this way for our own protection. You have choices which I think is a good thing.

A lot of people like to say Calguns market is more active, I’m ok with that. We’re building a trust/reputation system here which relies on some data, that data will eventually be pruned systematically.
 
Just as an FYI, feedback and sold listings aren’t not open to the public, you must be a registered member.
I consider registered members to be "public."

So, I'll rephrase what I wrote.

I would prefer that if my sold or closed items can't be deleted, that they are only visible to the site owner/moderators and myself.
 
Last edited:
I consider registered members to be "public."

So, I'll rephrase what I wrote.

I would prefer that if my sold or closed items can't be deleted, that they are only visible to the site owner/moderators and myself.
I agree and is being designed/spec’d by @doser . It’s quite expensive though since it’s not in the core architecture and is specific to this type of niche.

Once I’ve raised enough funds and have a good spec, we’ll work on getting it implemented. We favor privacy but there’s a balance we have to maintain. We’re still growing and think this is a good feature for us to have to continue our goal

Update: This info was public when it was in the forums. We're gradually hardening the site as it grows. The deletion removes public view, registered members wouldn't be considered public because the search function is not open to the public. It is to registered members. There's a number of tiered viewers. It's an amazing ride but we don't have the income older more established sites. We give a lot of functionality for free. Hopefully, we'll be able to get more memberships and sponsors, which I'm working on.

I've tried a number of things to raise funds, like amazon affiliates (nope), outsourcing merch(didn't like the pricing). Now, I'm working on some other things we'll announce later when its ready to release. I need a way to raise funds to re-invest in the site to tailor it more for our use-case.
 
Back
Top Bottom