18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Restoring 1944 WW2 German Walther PP, (with test fire). Still loaded!

GoldensRule

Well-known member
Messages
1,058
It's a pleasure to watch a true craftsman at work. The glass bead blasting is mesmerizing and cathartic to watch!

 
I fast forwarded through some, but that was cool. I'm so close to retirement I can taste it and projects like this sound like a new hobby.
 
I winced a little at the 6:23 mark. Not how I would've done it, but to each their own. In my old life, I fixed things that were often made of unobtainium.
 
I winced a little at the 6:23 mark. Not how I would've done it, but to each their own. In my old life, I fixed things that were often made of unobtainium.

I was also surprised and cringed when he used what looked like a claw hammer to dislodge the barrel. I noticed he switched to a mallet but, your right, that could have been disastrous. At least he could have put a hard wood block on the muzzle. Still, the rest of it was very cool.
 
Not saying it is the case in this video... but the whole genre of "restoration videos" has a lot of 100% fake content.

Take a perfectly fine item, paint it up, gunk it up, to LOOK old and corroded, and remove all that.

There is one particular channel that seems to have a direct line to old hard to find but "corroded" guns, which is very suspect to me.

Not sure if it's this one or not.
 
If that gun had been in water like that since WWII, most of the springs (especially the thin ones) would've rusted away decades ago. The fact they're still perfectly intact leads me to believe it's fake.
 
If that gun had been in water like that since WWII, most of the springs (especially the thin ones) would've rusted away decades ago. The fact they're still perfectly intact leads me to believe it's fake.
Lot's of guys came home from the war with such trophies and ended up stashing them in shoeboxes (etc.) in their damp basements not to be found until they die and their basements get cleaned out. That type of storage could easily account for the level of corrosion found on the weapon.

Personally, I've been on the lookout for years for a Sturmgewehr 44 that had been acquired and forgotten in that fashion, no joy so far.
 
Back
Top Bottom