18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Reviving the G26

I've got a 26 and a 27 but never got around to liking them. Carried the 27 for a while. I also carry strictly IWB, so the width is not my favorite. I probably should look into selling them both since I haven't touched them in years.
Felt the same way. Sold a 26 years ago. When I heard about the Glock ban, I picked up a 26 because it’s the one Glock I didn’t have. Put the x grip on a 19 mag and traction tape.. love it. Also picked up a crimson trace light.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2307.webp
    IMG_2307.webp
    135.6 KB · Views: 10
I have a 27 but she kicks like a horse, thinking about letting her go. The double stack subcompact Glocks are chonky and difficult for me to carry. Definitely thinking about getting a 43X though, the slim-line Glocks are something else.
 
You think chunky subcompacts will make a comeback ? I sort of wish new offerings would come . Of my weapons , I shoot and carry my XD subbie the best . It's chunky , a little hefty but it shoots great for me and I can conceal it well . Back in the day , the Glock 26 and the og XD sub were in that space of ccw choices .
 
With all the excitement over the new Micro 9's these last few years, the old king of CCW had been banished to slums of my safe.

But it's time to revisit the old Glock 26. My old and long-time carry. My most trusted old companion.

I took it out of it's prison and shot it recently, and boy did I regret having ignored it these last several years.

So I gave it a little face lift, adding an optic and ports high up front, putting it back into my short list of carry guns, where it will stay permanently this time. Tried and true.

Does it stack up against the new micro 9's? ... Too easy!

Yes, the 26 is better than the Micro 9's like the Glock 43, SIG P365 and Springfield Hellcat. Updating it slightly as you did is a great idea.

I love the look and feel of the 26.4 with the factory 12 round magazines. It is more "balanced". IMG_9965.webp
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom