18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Riverside County Long Range Shooting

sabersix

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
17
I live in Riverside County (Corona area) and wanted to try out my longer range shooting skills. From what I recall, my options are:

1. Raahauges (100 yards)
2. Route 66 (100 yards)
3. Lytle Creek (100-300 yards)
4. Pala Range (50-800+ yards)

Am I missing anything else that is publicly accessible?

I prefer a range to BLM land so I would like to stick to an organized location.

Thanks in advance
 
Yeah, just don’t bring those highly dangerous standard capacity magazines to Lytle Creek. They don’t like those.
 
Members only ranges:

1. WEGC (Meyers Canyon, just off Sierra if you're going to the Lytle Creek Firing Line) has a separate 300 - 500 yard range from the 100 main line. Note: That 300-500 yard range is still under renovation and should be back online in a month or two.
2. Desert Marksmen (Palmdale) has out to 600 (1000 is basically only usable during the 1000 yard match).

WEGC membership has a long wait list. It'll be several years. Desert Marksman is pretty much immediate. You just need to attend a membership orientation meeting to get your official card.

I'm a member at both, WEGC being my primary range (I'm in Riverside) and I'll head to Desert Marksmen 2-3 times a year if I need to do a lot of testing out to 600.
 
Not riverside county but there's angeles national forest range has steel from 100-600 yards. Can put paper out to 200. 300 on weekdays.

Also california tactical academy in piru has a 1000 yard range.

Not sure if santa margarita gun club still runs matches at Pendleton. Had to get permission from the visitor center during the week before the match if not active/retired military to enter base.
 
Back
Top Bottom