18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Road rage arrest with firearms ammo seized

I could see that. Only thing I would change is reverse the order of events in point number two. I’ll explain:

If I were investigating a road rage gun-waving incident, the very first thing I would do, once I have a possible suspect identified, is check AFS for guns registered to, and check to see if he/she is prohibited from possessing firearms. Then worry about tracking him down and arresting him. Legal gun owner or not, it doesn’t change my approach to arresting the suspect. He’s gonna get treated like an armed & dangerous felony suspect.
So why would it be necessary to check AFS beforehand if the result is the same?

Does the allegation or approach change if they’re prohibited possessors?

Likely in any case, a felony car stop will be made despite if legally owned or illegally possessed.
 
So why would it be necessary to check AFS beforehand if the result is the same?

Does the allegation or approach change if they’re prohibited possessors?

Likely in any case, a felony car stop will be made despite if legally owned or illegally possessed.
Not necessary, just what I would check first. Personal preference to know before making contact with the suspect.
 
Back
Top Bottom