18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Announcement Closed AMA Rost Martin AMA through 8/4-8/5

No longer open for discussion or the subject timeline has ended
I really love the feel of your gun in the hand and have been very impressed how it shoots.

Do you have any plans for a micro compact 3" barrel model?
 
Thank you for the kind words. We are happy to do our small part in helping California gun owners. Our goal is to have all of our products on the California roster eventually.
I really appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Just to clarify, my main question was whether there are plans to develop a compensated/ported version for the RM1S, like the one done for the RM1C.

It would definitely be awesome if that kind of variant (if produced) could make it onto the roster too, so I’m glad to hear that would be part of your goal!
 
We are submitting the Comp for testing, and we hope to have it on the roster sometime this fall. If you already own a California-compliant RM1C, you can purchase the comp slide and barrel directly from our website.
Thank you for the response. Just trying to save some money and being in CA getting double taxed buying your pistol without a comp, background and taxes then buying the comp slide would get near to $1,000.

I was able to handle your pistol in the store and I really like it, I was thinking of a second M&P but I think I am going with your pistol and I would love to see more calibers as well. Being in CA I get so a small choice or spend the aftermarket and see triple priced. Plus I prefer buying new and have that warranty.

I am impressed and pleased seeing you guys pushing out to CA this way thank you again

Joseph
 
Are any parts interchangeable with the Arex Delta line of pistols ? What are the main differences between your models and the Arex Delta?
 
Are there any plans to make a slimline (43x) for CA? That seems to me a major missed market which is why off rosters go for triple msrp. Another option besides something like a 365x or hellcat would be nice.
 
Last edited:
I don't know if this is over. But I have had an itch to buy another handgun that itch has been bugging me for over a month and Goldd Bond will not help. As the old saying goes, I have more guns than I need but not more than I want. I have been kind of leaning your way since American made and your sponsorship here.
Read articles in Guns and Ammo, today I read the one dated 4/1/24 by Eric Poole which really impressed me. So, tomorrow I will be calling my FFL to see how much it will cost. I already have high 3 figures set aside just need to find out what the out the door price will be.
I am looking at the RM1C my question has to do with the grip. I really like my Glock 19 and the Sig 365Macro grip the best of all my handguns. How would you say the grip of the 1C compares? Another question is how to you market your guns. through distributors (whole sellers)? I have never bought from places like Sportsmans Warehouse or Turners and probably never will. I like to support local FFLs even if the cost is $200 over previously mentioned places.
Now guys that doesn't mean I am wealthy it just means it may take me a little longer to come up with the money for my purchase.🤪🤫
Thank you for being here.
 
Last edited:
Ask me ANYTHING? Ok here are some questions then, be ready.

How much does it cost to submit a gun to the CA roster? How many guns do you have to send to DOJ? Are they destroyed or returned to you after they are approved/denied?

Also, what is the true cost to make a handgun? I understand there’s overhead, salaries, engineering and marketing you have to pay.

But how much in materials to make just the frame? The polymer material can’t be that much, is it?

I understand you have to mark up the price to stay in business which is perfectly normal. I just want to know how much it costs for a barrel, frame, springs and magazines.

You said ask me anything :D
 
That 3D model viewer on your website activated my monkey brain because I was playing around with it for a good minute lmao.
 
Do your guns feel like Glock in hand or are they different like shadow systems?
Is the grip angle 22 degrees like Glocks?
 
That 3D model viewer on your website activated my monkey brain because I was playing around with it for a good minute lmao.
Haha glad to hear you liked it- being a new company, we thought it was a good way to get people to get an enhanced view of our platforms.
 
Thanks to all of you for the great questions. We are making a concerted effort to support California 2A enthusiasts. One of our team members spent several decades in California, so we have a good idea of the obstacles you face.

Thank you again for all your support, and be on the lookout for a new California platform in the next few months.
 
Back
Top Bottom