- Messages
- 57
- Classified ads
- 1
Today I busted the RM1S Comp out of gun jail and went straight to the range. Mounted an osight se (with no thread locker) and oiled the rails and barrel prior to shooting; gun came out the factory dry. Feels nice in hand with the medium pre installed back strap, similar to a glock 26. Grip angle is similar to a 1911, trigger is gritty but it smoothed out after a few mags. The RM1S is about the same width as a regular glock. Grip texturing feels similar to a stock HC Pro, I have a defgrip wrap on my HC Pro at the moment. Because of the shorter grip, I did get pinched a few times when inserting the short-flush fit mags, gun only comes with one extended mag and sleeve.
I compared this to a Hellcat Pro Comp - the HC Pro shot flatter and was easier to handle due to the longer grip and maybe the lighter/slimmer profile. I should add that I ccw the HC Pro and train with it, so it could just be me not used to the RM1S. Paper was sent back to 10yds, I was mainly shooting to get a feel for the RM1S and not really caring about groups, but the results aren't too bad considering I added a few double taps in the mix.

The port on the HC Pro is bigger than the RM1S, allowing more gas to push the gun down.


Size comparison to a G23 and my wife's Shield

I installed the upgraded trigger once I got home and it's a substantial difference over the stock CA Spec trigger - no mag disconnect, smoother take up and defined wall, great reset feel, 4lb break compared to 6lb stock, and it's metal. I also polished the rails on the locking block, rear trigger housing, and the part of the trigger that interfaces with the striker safety plug, to make everything move smoother.
I didn't take any pics of the full disassembly, but I think there may be a possibility of different after market or oem grip modules/frames. FYI the lower frame is serialized, I didn't notice if any of the internals are serialized. The RM1S, and maybe the RM1C, have a unique fire control group. Unlike Sig and the Echelon, the RM looks similar to a glock when everything is taken apart. But unlike a glock the RM trigger, slide release, and locking block come out of the frame as a unit held together by a pin while the rear housing is a separate unit on its own.
All in all this is a good gun for the price tag. Me being a lefty, the RM1S Comp has full ambi controls and has grip texturing towards the front on either side of the frame for your thumb and index finger. I bought this with the intention of adding it to my ccw, this conceals a little better than the HC Pro due to the shorter grip and fills the hand better too.
I compared this to a Hellcat Pro Comp - the HC Pro shot flatter and was easier to handle due to the longer grip and maybe the lighter/slimmer profile. I should add that I ccw the HC Pro and train with it, so it could just be me not used to the RM1S. Paper was sent back to 10yds, I was mainly shooting to get a feel for the RM1S and not really caring about groups, but the results aren't too bad considering I added a few double taps in the mix.

The port on the HC Pro is bigger than the RM1S, allowing more gas to push the gun down.


Size comparison to a G23 and my wife's Shield

I installed the upgraded trigger once I got home and it's a substantial difference over the stock CA Spec trigger - no mag disconnect, smoother take up and defined wall, great reset feel, 4lb break compared to 6lb stock, and it's metal. I also polished the rails on the locking block, rear trigger housing, and the part of the trigger that interfaces with the striker safety plug, to make everything move smoother.
I didn't take any pics of the full disassembly, but I think there may be a possibility of different after market or oem grip modules/frames. FYI the lower frame is serialized, I didn't notice if any of the internals are serialized. The RM1S, and maybe the RM1C, have a unique fire control group. Unlike Sig and the Echelon, the RM looks similar to a glock when everything is taken apart. But unlike a glock the RM trigger, slide release, and locking block come out of the frame as a unit held together by a pin while the rear housing is a separate unit on its own.
All in all this is a good gun for the price tag. Me being a lefty, the RM1S Comp has full ambi controls and has grip texturing towards the front on either side of the frame for your thumb and index finger. I bought this with the intention of adding it to my ccw, this conceals a little better than the HC Pro due to the shorter grip and fills the hand better too.
Last edited:

