18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Ruger LCP II 22 LR - great gun!

Smittty

Well-known member
Messages
265
Classified ads
1
Sending some love out there for the LCP II 22 LR!

My friend shot mine today for the first time and now he's getting one.

Mine has been so good it's been more reliable than even my MK IV Target.
 
No replies, wow.

I have no affiliation with Ruger, guys, this is little thing is impressive. Sure it's "only" 22 lr but you won't miss with it.

Double taps at 25 yards is FUN, because it's hitting the target every time and it shouldn't be able to for such a tiny little bug of gun.

Anyway, glad I to have it and it is going on every range trip until I run out of 22 ammo!
 
I took mine out to the range, the RO noticed and I offered to let him try it. Two mags later (nice tight grouping), and he was going to buy one the next day!

I painted the sights with some white nail polish to make 'em a bit easier to see. It;s a great little gun for plinking, and plenty accurate, super easy to rack and almost no recoil, a great "gateway gun" for noob shooters that are hesitant to shoot, or just for fun cheap practice. It's also an easy step up to the LCP MAX once you've gotten used to a "tiny" handgun.

Probably not a first self defense choice, but I noticed a LOT of GunTuber videos demoing the LCP2/22 surmised that being able to land 10 rounds in tight groups from something that disappears in a pocket holster (included from Ruger) would be a deterrent...
 
I haven't tried the LCP II but the Mark IV was a fun little plinker. 22's in general are fun to shoot

I have the MK IV target and it’s super nice but it’s more deliberate “I’m going target shooting” type of gun.

This little LCP II is so tiny it’s like “I’m bringing it because it’s no burden”, type of thing and it shoots!!!

You’ll want minimum 4 or 5 mags.

I removed its mag disconnect and installed an upgraded extractor from the start because the internet said to.

It’s been exceptionally reliable!
 
I took mine out to the range, the RO noticed and I offered to let him try it. Two mags later (nice tight grouping), and he was going to buy one the next day!

I painted the sights with some white nail polish to make 'em a bit easier to see. It;s a great little gun for plinking, and plenty accurate, super easy to rack and almost no recoil, a great "gateway gun" for noob shooters that are hesitant to shoot, or just for fun cheap practice. It's also an easy step up to the LCP MAX once you've gotten used to a "tiny" handgun.

Probably not a first self defense choice, but I noticed a LOT of GunTuber videos demoing the LCP2/22 surmised that being able to land 10 rounds in tight groups from something that disappears in a pocket holster (included from Ruger) would be a deterrent...

Same thing happened with my friend last weekend. He shot mine and fell in love, its going to be his next gun.
 
I must of got a bad one mine sucks a big one you can have it sits on the safe as a paperweight
 
I have a 12 year old that I want to teach and my wife who has been hesitant. Was going to grab a Mark IV or the Sig P322. I’ve heard the Sig is great as well (more expensive) and was leaning more towards it because the firearm is the most similar platform to my EDC XMacro and 365 RR Afterburner in my safe
 
I must of got a bad one mine sucks a big one you can have it sits on the safe as a paperweight

Does it have the factory extractor?

I replaced that before even testing it, and removed the mag disconnect. It has been impressively reliable - I trust it for SD, that's how reliable it's been.
 
Have had one for a couple years and never shot it. I also have an LCP 380 that I've shot quite a bit. Anybody who's looking into a pocket gun or a very short barrel revolver for concealed carry, do yourself a favor and practice extensively as the short sight radius can make them extremely difficult to hit your target if you haven't done repetitious firing of it prior.
 
I must of got a bad one mine sucks a big one you can have it sits on the safe as a paperweight
I like a challenge... shoot me a PM, let's make a deal! Or maybe I can walk you through a couple things you can try, sometimes a "bad" one sneaks out of the factory (Ruger factory is also very responsive if you send a malfunctioning one back, from my experience). I've actually picked up a couple of these along the way, and they are are dead bang reliable, I'm sure yours could be with a little TLC!
 
Have had one for a couple years and never shot it. I also have an LCP 380 that I've shot quite a bit. Anybody who's looking into a pocket gun or a very short barrel revolver for concealed carry, do yourself a favor and practice extensively as the short sight radius can make them extremely difficult to hit your target if you haven't done repetitious firing of it prior.

It's trigger control and very little to do with sight radius.

Those that started on striker fired guns or 1911's, might not have learned trigger control as well as those that started with revolvers, especially DAO.

This little LCP II 22 lr is deadly accurate at 25 yards.

I have XL length fingers and even for how tiny this gun is, I have a blast with it hitting everything I set the sights on even at 25 yards. Impressive little thing!
 
Back
Top Bottom