18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Ruger Max 9 or Glock 19 Which one in should I take in Trade

Ruger is best known for their rifles.

+1 for the Glock 19
 
If you were ever looking to resale both guns the Glock would be an easier sell. Im a Glock owner, armorer but not a fanboi. I also love my Sig P365X.
 
I think at the sub-$500 level you should not be thinking which is a better "trade" value either way. Also don't think resale value should matter with a sub-$500 gun this is play money. I think it matters which gun just seems cooler hence the intrinsic value I mentioned earlier. Nothing about the Glock appears intrinsic. In fact it's dull and ordinary.
 
I think at the sub-$500 level you should not be thinking which is a better "trade" value either way. Also don't think resale value should matter with a sub-$500 gun this is play money. I think it matters which gun just seems cooler hence the intrinsic value I mentioned earlier. Nothing about the Glock appears intrinsic. In fact it's dull and ordinary.
Ordinary sure but like the aged Timex commercial it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Just my $.02.
 
Monetarily A is the winner. But the real decision should be made off of which gun do you want the most because the difference in value between A and B is not so significant that it should be the number one factor.
His 1911 is off roster and appears mint in his pic.The Max9 and G19 can be bought at pretty good prices used. The G19 will be the best if he does enough range shooting. The 45 is definitely cool for range shooting, but the ammo cost more.
 
I have both. Haven’t shot the Ruger yet. For a back up/range toy, I’d go with the Glock.
 
Are you saying when you pay for a Ruger Max 9 you're essentially getting crap??
I am not sure about crap. There are cheaper guns out there than the $375 retail they go for. Go search up some reviews on the Ruger and see what people say. However, there is a reason a handgun retails for $375 and another retails for $575. The quality is not the same. You get what you pay for.
 
My recommendation is your Option C - keep the little 1911.
And, as a follow-up - perhaps think of what pistols in that price range you would prefer and suggest those as the (only) trade options.
 
I had a max9 - i hated it. It was actually my wife's and she hated it too.

It was uncomfortable to shoot (probably because of the size of my hands and it being a micro)

Resale is trash on it - mine had MAYBE 250 rounds through it, upgraded trigger (oem trigger is trash) and i think i got 250 for it???
 
Glock 19 100% The most reliable and durable handgun in the world. You can always sell it at a decent price and it will serve you for the rest of your life. You can never have enough.
 
I Have both, take the g19 if you have to, but all cash is best
 
Thanks guys for all of the advice. I ended up selling the 1911 outright and found a guy on here that had a killer deal near me. I got a custom Glock 23 milled for an rmr, and custom porting of the original slide, plus a complete G19 custom ported slide including 9mm barrel. All for $600. Thank you guys and Caguns. Got it done.
 
Back
Top Bottom