18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

S&W Bodyguard 2.0 Non-Comp Quick Range Report

How was the S&B? Europeans love the .380, wondering if they make a better range round.
S&B is goated off the shelf range ammo in general - both 9mm and .380. My bodyguard CC has well over 1k rounds of just S&B .380 through it at this point without a hiccup.
 
Good to know. CCI blaster has gotten crazy dirty the last two cases i’ve shot.
 
How's the mcarbo? I just had mine delivered after they started shipping backorders. Just need to find the time to install it. Was kind of hoping it would remove some of the side to side play in the trigger as well as the reduced pre-travel might help with the false reset you can get if you don't fully release the trigger/which can cause trigger freeze when shooting at speed for me.
Now I'm thinking about their Versa kit. Rear sight with fiber inserts and clip look interesting, they also claim rear plate stabilize striker spring and enhance striker operation

​

 
Thanks for the range report. Been thinking about this since I lost faith in Glock micro compacts lol

Did you ever find a stable self defense round?
 
Put a few hundred rounds through my bodyguard 2.0 CC. Got it mostly so I can take my GF out shooting. My others where a little to large for her hands. This one fits her perfectly. After about 150 rounds she was complaining about the grip texture being too rough and hurting her hands. The skin looked like it was being rubbed raw from the sandpaper like texture.

At home I carefully knocked down the roughness with some sandpaper. Few weeks later we went back out to the national forest. She put another 100 or so rounds through it. Texture was definitely much more pleasant.

She did have a few rounds that failed to fully chamber. Just a little push on the back of the slide allowed it to go into battery. But then she would have a dead trigger due to pulling it on an out of battery round and then not reracking it after pushing it. Not sure if she was limp wristing it as it didn't happen to me. But I did notice that if I slowly let the slide pick up a round and chamber, it would sometimes stop just shy of going into battery. Obviously something you don't normally do, but none of my others do this.

Another observation is you can't load a round through the ejection port as the LCI won't slip over the rim of the case and hangs the slide up just enough. The case has to slide up from the bottom to get under the LCI. Another reason to not have a LCI of this design. On my other pistols, I can lock the slide back, drop a round in the chamber and let the slide go home. It chambers the round. Then put a full magazine in and I can have the magician +1. With the bodyguard I have to cycle the slide for it to strip the round out of the magazine. Then pull the magazine and top it up one. One extra step. Not a big deal but an observation that it's different then the others I own

Otherwise it shoots really nice for such a small pistol. Was able to hit a 8x10" steel target at about 25 yards maybe 60-75% of the time. Trigger is quite nice for a stock trigger.

I did have issues with the safety being way too stiff and GF couldn't take it off without straining. Definitely had to break grip and hold the pistol on it's side to get a good purchase on the safety. I carefully bent the spring and it was much better. Can flick it on of off now with your thumb without breaking grip. She was able to move it without issue afterwards either.

As others have noticed, the ammo does seem a little dirtier then 9mm. I only lubed it once after about 300 rounds. When I pulled the slide I noticed more black soot and small brass dust.

Can't comment on the snappiness compared to the non comped version as I don't have one. But it's not significantly more then anything else I have. I got the comped version to make it easier for my GF to shoot. But I am seriously looking into getting the non comped version to add to my CCW
 
Put a few hundred rounds through my bodyguard 2.0 CC. Got it mostly so I can take my GF out shooting. My others where a little to large for her hands. This one fits her perfectly. After about 150 rounds she was complaining about the grip texture being too rough and hurting her hands. The skin looked like it was being rubbed raw from the sandpaper like texture.

At home I carefully knocked down the roughness with some sandpaper. Few weeks later we went back out to the national forest. She put another 100 or so rounds through it. Texture was definitely much more pleasant.

She did have a few rounds that failed to fully chamber. Just a little push on the back of the slide allowed it to go into battery. But then she would have a dead trigger due to pulling it on an out of battery round and then not reracking it after pushing it. Not sure if she was limp wristing it as it didn't happen to me. But I did notice that if I slowly let the slide pick up a round and chamber, it would sometimes stop just shy of going into battery. Obviously something you don't normally do, but none of my others do this.

Another observation is you can't load a round through the ejection port as the LCI won't slip over the rim of the case and hangs the slide up just enough. The case has to slide up from the bottom to get under the LCI. Another reason to not have a LCI of this design. On my other pistols, I can lock the slide back, drop a round in the chamber and let the slide go home. It chambers the round. Then put a full magazine in and I can have the magician +1. With the bodyguard I have to cycle the slide for it to strip the round out of the magazine. Then pull the magazine and top it up one. One extra step. Not a big deal but an observation that it's different then the others I own

Otherwise it shoots really nice for such a small pistol. Was able to hit a 8x10" steel target at about 25 yards maybe 60-75% of the time. Trigger is quite nice for a stock trigger.

I did have issues with the safety being way too stiff and GF couldn't take it off without straining. Definitely had to break grip and hold the pistol on it's side to get a good purchase on the safety. I carefully bent the spring and it was much better. Can flick it on of off now with your thumb without breaking grip. She was able to move it without issue afterwards either.

As others have noticed, the ammo does seem a little dirtier then 9mm. I only lubed it once after about 300 rounds. When I pulled the slide I noticed more black soot and small brass dust.

Can't comment on the snappiness compared to the non comped version as I don't have one. But it's not significantly more then anything else I have. I got the comped version to make it easier for my GF to shoot. But I am seriously looking into getting the non comped version to add to my CCW
I wanted to comment on loading trough ejection port.
I tried it too and it didn't work for me either, which I thought was odd. Later I found thread on Reddit, where someone was grilled for asking question why it doesn't work. Apparently it's not only CA models thing, but in general you are not supposed to do it. Period. It's not only LCI that gets in the way, but also an ejector. Some were saying it's bad habit for any handgun, although I loaded my guns through ejection port somewhat often
 
I wanted to comment on loading trough ejection port.
I tried it too and it didn't work for me either, which I thought was odd. Later I found thread on Reddit, where someone was grilled for asking question why it doesn't work. Apparently it's not only CA models thing, but in general you are not supposed to do it. Period. It's not only LCI that gets in the way, but also an ejector. Some were saying it's bad habit for any handgun, although I loaded my guns through ejection port somewhat often
Yes, it’s not ideal or good for the gun to load it this way. It’s mainly an emergency thing I’d like you have a battlefield pick up type situation with a single bullet, no mag, etc.

Otherwise, best to use the firearm and system as designed if you want to barney.
 
I wanted to comment on loading trough ejection port.
I tried it too and it didn't work for me either, which I thought was odd. Later I found thread on Reddit, where someone was grilled for asking question why it doesn't work. Apparently it's not only CA models thing, but in general you are not supposed to do it. Period. It's not only LCI that gets in the way, but also an ejector. Some were saying it's bad habit for any handgun, although I loaded my guns through ejection port somewhat often
I was able to carefully manually lift the LCI and push the slide closed without issue. The ejector slid right over the rim and seated just fine. If that LCI wasn't there it would work like many others do. I'm not sure how this is a bad habit or not supposed to be done this way. If you follow the gun safety rules, there is not any other excuse I can think of that would say it shouldn't be done
 
I was able to carefully manually lift the LCI and push the slide closed without issue. The ejector slid right over the rim and seated just fine. If that LCI wasn't there it would work like many others do. I'm not sure how this is a bad habit or not supposed to be done this way. If you follow the gun safety rules, there is not any other excuse I can think of that would say it shouldn't be done
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1591.webp
    IMG_1591.webp
    129.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1592.webp
    IMG_1592.webp
    85.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1593.webp
    IMG_1593.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom