18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

S&W Shield Plus - Whats your experience?

G421W

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
Messages
72
Classified ads
1
I just put a S&W Shield Plus on the 10 day wait. My only experience with a Shield Plus was at a local indoor range with a nicely stocked rental case. Having shot all of the smaller sized 9mm pistols I shot the Shield Plus. Not expecting much and honestly not planning to like it. Why? Well, I never liked the old Shields. Turns out the Plus has a better grip area, better trigger and decent sights. It kept making nice little groups. Well at least nicer than the other contenders. I decided to celebrate the freedom and buy one.

I would like to hear other peoples experience with the S&W Shield Plus. So please post them here.
 
I have an original Shield I got in '12 when they first came out. Except for my own doing it has been perfect. The Shield Plus was an easy add for me, and so far has been perfect. I did the Apex trigger, and run an optic ready slide on it. I think they are great weapons.....
 
Having the original Shield on my CCW list for many years, and shot hundreds of rounds through it, it was alright. However, got a Shield Plus last year, and with the slightly wider grip, better trigger and flat faced, I shoot this Shield a lot better. Feels so much better in my hands and when doing follow up shots quickly. I do like the 10/13 mag since I can get a full grip. Wish the reset was more audible and more consistent, but feel this will iron out as I get even more rounds through it. Definitely shoots like a bigger gun now. Recoil seems less too.
 
got the roster shield plus too. GREAT out of the box. friend was comparing the two and said the 365 required so much work for him to love it.
I shot the p365 and compared it to my shield plus and the shield plus was definitely more enjoyable. Recoil impulse felt more manageable to me
 
I have Shield 1.0 with Apex duty trigger, P365 XL with straight trigger, Hellcat Pro with Apex trigger, Equalizer and now Shield Plus with optic slide. I shot the new Shield plus best. It shot like a compact size gun and very accurate. If I have to pick one to keep, it will probably be the Shield Plus. P365 is very overrated in my opinion...
 
I have a hellcat, shield plus and the p365....I couldn't resist buying all three for my ccw collection but I carry the Shield Plus the most often, it's naturally my best shooting gun in that size. The trigger is superb, accuracy is excellent and ergonomics are a chefs kiss.
 
I have two off roster shield plus, one of which is on my CCW permit. I love the gun and it shoots really well for its size. The trigger is a significant upgrade from the original hinged trigger style. I am debating buying a comp slide.

It sucks that the CA version is not optics ready which would push me towards a P365 or other options.
 
I’ll have to hold one with all of these positive opinions on a better grip. I wrote them off as I’ve always hated the original shield grip. I’ve always felt the grip width front to back was too long while being too narrow in width.

Going to be really hard to pull me away from my 365 though
 
I just put a S&W Shield Plus on the 10 day wait. My only experience with a Shield Plus was at a local indoor range with a nicely stocked rental case. Having shot all of the smaller sized 9mm pistols I shot the Shield Plus. Not expecting much and honestly not planning to like it. Why? Well, I never liked the old Shields. Turns out the Plus has a better grip area, better trigger and decent sights. It kept making nice little groups. Well at least nicer than the other contenders. I decided to celebrate the freedom and buy one.

I would like to hear other peoples experience with the S&W Shield Plus. So please post them he

I just put a S&W Shield Plus on the 10 day wait. My only experience with a Shield Plus was at a local indoor range with a nicely stocked rental case. Having shot all of the smaller sized 9mm pistols I shot the Shield Plus. Not expecting much and honestly not planning to like it. Why? Well, I never liked the old Shields. Turns out the Plus has a better grip area, better trigger and decent sights. It kept making nice little groups. Well at least nicer than the other contenders. I decided to celebrate the freedom and buy one.

I would like to hear other peoples experience with the S&W Shield Plus. So please post them here.
Had the Shield 1.0 for a couple of years (what I started typically carrying in Arizona & Nevada when I traveled for work) which worked great but with the better grip, trigger and higher capacity, it was a no brainer for me to upgrade to the Shield Plus…..It’s part of the 5 handguns that I have on my CCW list and has been my go to as of late together with the Max 9 (other options are Non-CA P365 and Hellcat and Gen 4 G26)……ended up getting the Shield Optic Ready slide and added a CT RAD Micro…..so far a very positive experience carrying and shooting it 🤙🏽
 
Rented a Shield Plus and a Hellcat Pro the other day... the Shield handled better and was less snappy for sure. A pleasure to shoot. Couldn't hit F- all with either gun though 😅
 
Back
Top Bottom