18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

San Francisco (PD/SO)

Final timeline:

Renewal Application Submitted/Paid: 7/28/2025
SFPD CCW Unit Contact: 8/5/2025 (called me and requested submission of out-of-state CCWs)
Shoot Qual (Bay Area Tactical): 9/21/2025
Online Lecture (Bay Area Tactical): 9/24/2025
Training Certificate/Shoot Qual Documents Uploaded to Permitium: 9/25/2025
SFPD CCW Unit Contact (acknowledging receipt of training/qual docs): 9/26/2025
Email to SFPD CCW Unit on Status Update: 10/15/2025 - SFPD CCW unit claimed Chief was busy and his 10/10 signing was delayed 2 weeks.
SFPD CCW Unit notification of CCW Approval: 10/24/2025
CCW Renewal Permit Received in Mail: 10/29/2025

Overall, a smooth process. My renewal could have been in my possession much earlier if I didn't lag on getting the training/qual done - I imagine it would have shortened my 3 month process down to 2 if I was more timely.

Having the new ID-style card beats my old folded up laminated paper - I'm glad this thing fits now!
 
Back
Top Bottom