18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

San Leandro CCW

Profec291

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
2
Has anyone applied to the city of San Leandro's CCW program? I was told the turnaround is 90 days.
 
Has anyone applied to the city of San Leandro's CCW program? I was told the turnaround is 90 days.
My friend applied last week of august when it was first announced, already at the point where he has to take the class. so seems about right, he said the person handling all the CCW's is aiming for 90 days
 
If I am to be extremely honest, I could have gotten the ccw within 30 days.
Meaning the moment I applied is the moment I start making appointments.
  1. Start scheduling for the psych eval (2weeks out)
  2. Start scheduling for the ccw course (check the one with earliest date)
  3. Interviewing with IA (basically he mentioned that #1 and #2 mentioned above are not dependent of interview with him)
Finish everything asap and the ccw card is yours.

But instead, I took my time because I didn't want to fail and end up spending more money than I needed to. <- bad mindset
 
Does anyone know if it is okay with we switch the slide for our CCW?

I need to switch a non optic slide w/ loaded chamber indicator with an optic slide without loaded indicator. Both are OEM slides.
 
holy moly, a psych eval?
No way that is legal, and yet here we are.

I detest having to get a ccw to exercise a right, but at least in Fresno county there are no extraneous requirements.
Application, CCW class, proof or residency, relatively simple and quick.
 
holy moly, a psych eval?
No way that is legal, and yet here we are.

I detest having to get a ccw to exercise a right, but at least in Fresno county there are no extraneous requirements.
Application, CCW class, proof or residency, relatively simple and quick.
Yeah, weird part is when some counter minion in one of those counties starts giving you their interpretation of the evals. Its like theyre trying to be your buddy and soft peddling all the BS I know a background wont kickback.

Things I will smirk at when jumping on a cheap deal.
 
Does anyone know if it is okay with we switch the slide for our CCW?

I need to switch a non optic slide w/ loaded chamber indicator with an optic slide without loaded indicator. Both are OEM slides.
Did you ever get an answer on this?
 
Back
Top Bottom