18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

CCW Santa Clara County CCW Thread

ohh btw for SCC in case y’all haven’t heard, starting Oct of this year; SCC will be doing Live Scan for renewals.

Not sure about the other counties.

When I picked up my mod card 3 months back gentleman informed me.

Something to think about and prioritizing when renewing time comes…
 
ohh btw for SCC in case y’all haven’t heard, starting Oct of this year; SCC will be doing Live Scan for renewals.

Not sure about the other counties.

When I picked up my mod card 3 months back gentleman informed me.

Something to think about and prioritizing when renewing time comes…
I wasn't aware that fingerprints changed/devolved after a couple years...Huh. :unsure:
 
I got an email from SC Sheriff saying that any renewal after 9/1/26 had to have a live scan - I renewed early so didn't need it but I checked the schedule and available appointment times at Younger were only a couple of days out. As I remember, 2 years ago it was weeks.
 
I got an email from SC Sheriff saying that any renewal after 9/1/26 had to have a live scan - I renewed early so didn't need it but I checked the schedule and available appointment times at Younger were only a couple of days out. As I remember, 2 years ago it was weeks.
When do you pick up your renewal permit?
 
any renewal timeline for SCC? I just uploaded everything last night and paid (8/3). expiration is 10/2/26.
Mine went real fast but I didn’t have to do the live scan. I uploaded my Saber paperwork and with a few days I got the “Approved” email.
The pickup visit scheduling was different. Instead of a phone call with a couple of choices I could schedule online through Permitium.
There were not a lot of choices but I had options over a couple of weeks. I ended up scheduling early ( August) instead of September because of travel commitments.
The pick up was easy - the only difference was you now sign in when you arrive on a little iPad to the left of where you sit to wait.
Same person. Same drill. Same out in 10 minutes.
 
Back
Top Bottom