18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

SAR 8 Information Needed

echo1

Well-known member
📝 Contributor
Messages
444
Howdy Fellow Firearm Enthusiasts,

I'm looking at a Greek SAR 8 with an EBO serial number 09XXX.
Any idea when it was made?
What's the skinny on ban, pre-ban and 922r? I don't want to go down a money pit to be compliant. The stock has a wide vented hand guard, palm swell pistol grip, standard butt. The intel I've turned up is that Greek produced SAR 8s are pre-ban and Springfield provided kits to replace the thumb hole furniture. Then there's our Kali issues that needs addressed. I'm thinking fixed CETME 5 round mag for compliance. Cross posted on other sites, thanks fellas, PAX
 
Asked the gunsmith, Paul at Barnwood. Same Kali regs apply to the SAR8 as an AR, PAX
 
Back
Top Bottom