18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Shadow Systems

SteamedHams

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
Messages
253
It looks like an on-roster DR920P is going to be $1100. I'm not that familiar with Shadow Systems seeing as how they weren't previous on-roster, but what's the general consensus on these guns? Are they worth the $500-$600 premium over a G17/G34? For the price you could get a G34, milled slide, trigger job, and new barrel and still come out a bit ahead.
 
I had a MR920 Elite and sold it. It's where Glock should be now. The optic mount system is very nice and basically any footprint will work with the gun. The trigger was ok, and same with the ergo's. The tolerances are tighter than a Glock it seemed. Is it worth the extra money over a Glock is a great question. I guess I'd say maybe.
It seemed more like a Gen 3 with a few bit of gen 4.
All in all they are pretty cool guns.
 
Rost Martin or Shadow Systems DR920P? I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. The Rost Martin is cheap and looks like it packs quite a bit of goodies. The DR920P is expensive but looks to shoot really flat.
 
Adding that XR920 since it's on the roster now. The Optic system is one of the best on the market. And I forgot how good the back-straps were too.
 
Rost Martin or Shadow Systems DR920P? I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. The Rost Martin is cheap and looks like it packs quite a bit of goodies. The DR920P is expensive but looks to shoot really flat.
My rub with the RM is is doesn't use Glock magazines from what I can find. If it did it would sell a ton.
 
the RM is design inspired/collaborated with the Arex delta which also uses p10 mags. And yeah, the second i saw it didn't take glock mags I was instantly disinterested. Even at such a good price, i just don't want to have to deal with another magazine platform.
 
Rost Martin or Shadow Systems DR920P? I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. The Rost Martin is cheap and looks like it packs quite a bit of goodies. The DR920P is expensive but looks to shoot really flat.
I would wait for the new version with comp and better grip texture.
 
the RM is design inspired/collaborated with the Arex delta which also uses p10 mags. And yeah, the second i saw it didn't take glock mags I was instantly disinterested. Even at such a good price, i just don't want to have to deal with another magazine platform.
Agree with you on this. Every new manufacturer should consider Glock mags.
 
Back
Top Bottom