18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Shield X on roster now!

I believe the 10 Rd versions of each are compatible, their may be a slight base plate mod required.
FYI, after a bit of searching, I did come across a couple of reviews indicating that an S+ mag base-plate swap may indeed enable compatibility with the Shield X. Nothing showing up yet on Google searches or eBay for S-X base plates, but since the Shield-X was only announced back in Jul-2025-ish, it may take a bit more time for this particular segment of the aftermarket ecosystem to come into place. Really hoping my local range (DGM San Diego @ Morena) gets one on their rental list soon --- and now I'll be sure make an inquiry/request at my next range visit --- so I don't cave in to the urge to lay down a deposit upfront before getting a chance to make a test drive...
 
FYI, after a bit of searching, I did come across a couple of reviews indicating that an S+ mag base-plate swap may indeed enable compatibility with the Shield X. Nothing showing up yet on Google searches or eBay for S-X base plates, but since the Shield-X was only announced back in Jul-2025-ish, it may take a bit more time for this particular segment of the aftermarket ecosystem to come into place. Really hoping my local range (DGM San Diego @ Morena) gets one on their rental list soon --- and now I'll be sure make an inquiry/request at my next range visit --- so I don't cave in to the urge to lay down a deposit upfront before getting a chance to make a test drive...
Not sure. The X has a longer grip. The 10rd CA version has an extension on the bottom (see picture) to accommodate it. (Non CA Shield X comes with a flush-fit 13rd). S&W doesn't sell base plates separately to my knowledge. Possibly an after-market company will make something if there's enough demand.

1767948562678.webp
 
Ive been shooting with one of these for a few months now. If you are even a small amount interested, buy one. Absolutely amazing gun.
 
Been carrying the PC ported plus for almost 2 years now can’t wait to pc port the X, also not a fan of the cunk port
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0325.webp
    IMG_0325.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 29
Great… two months after I acquire a M&P 2.0 Compact following the (then) uncertainty of Glock’s future in CA, this model goes onto the roster. And I have a Shield Plus as well. If the Shield X somehow has 10-rd magazine compatibility with either of these, I don’t think I’ll be able to resist the temptation to get one…
You don’t NEED it

Keep the 2.0 compact, I can conceal full size 2.0 no problem. Save your money.
 
I
What is PC porting or "cunk" porting?
It's a typo, it's called "chunk" porting where a chunk of barrel is removed near the muzzle and the slide is cut above it, to reduce muzzle rise, PC porting is adding a compensator to the end of a (threaded) barrel or pinned to the barrel.
 
Will be picking up the PC shield X here shortly in a couple days. I have a feeling I will be liking the PC Shield X better than my current carry setup. (Shield plus carry comp)
 
What is PC porting or "cunk" porting?
The PC porting is very similar the Canik mc9 (x1 ports from swpresicion) but on the shield plus . Love recoil and harmonic impulse it gives. I do not like chunk ports. I tried them not for me.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1524.webp
    IMG_1524.webp
    27 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0325.webp
    IMG_0325.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 21
Is the Shield X worth it? I already have a Shield Plus, and both the full and compact M&P 2.0. What does the Shield X do better? (Actually really trying to justify not buying one...)
 
Is the Shield X worth it? I already have a Shield Plus, and both the full and compact M&P 2.0. What does the Shield X do better? (Actually really trying to justify not buying one...)
I like the ergo better on the shield x better than the shield plus carry comp. Have not went to the range yet with the shield x, performance center but just the feel…(pinky not over hanging) already feels 1000% better.
 
I like the ergo better on the shield x better than the shield plus carry comp. Have not went to the range yet with the shield x, performance center but just the feel…(pinky not over hanging) already feels 1000% better.
Thank you.
 
Is the Shield X worth it? I already have a Shield Plus, and both the full and compact M&P 2.0. What does the Shield X do better? (Actually really trying to justify not buying one...)
No it’s really not lol. You already have basically the same guns, and it’s better to daily the compact or a subcompact anyways
 
Back
Top Bottom