18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Shipping parts and collecting payment

EDIT, regardless if you are the buyer or the seller. CASH sends first. If its a trade, the person who Offered the trade ships first.

the current state of affairs is that scammers can be buyers and sellers

you can do all the right things, take a reversible payment, and the buyer will charge it back regardless if the item was received as you had advertised.

on the other side of that coin, you can have a seller use fake pictures, and photoshop a timestamp for their verification photo and use trash to weigh down their packages for the shipping receipt.

The only method that has worked for me with 100% accuracy is to do a facetime call and verify that the person claiming to be the seller has the item in their hand.

I have been on both sides of this 💩 storm and decided that a video call has been the most reassuring for me. Yes there is still a risk, you could come across an as$hat that will do the facetime call, show you the product and deliberately choose not to ship but i would wager that is pretty rare especially when you see their face.

i have been sending and receiving zelle and venmo for a while now and this process has not failed me.

I dont facetime for items under $200... scammers will usually go for higher dollar amounts.

Ive been chargebacked and scammed from both ends more than once. feel free to ask me for any pointers or advice. I am happy to help
 
EDIT, regardless if you are the buyer or the seller. CASH sends first. If its a trade, the person who Offered the trade ships first.

the current state of affairs is that scammers can be buyers and sellers

you can do all the right things, take a reversible payment, and the buyer will charge it back regardless if the item was received as you had advertised.

on the other side of that coin, you can have a seller use fake pictures, and photoshop a timestamp for their verification photo and use trash to weigh down their packages for the shipping receipt.

The only method that has worked for me with 100% accuracy is to do a facetime call and verify that the person claiming to be the seller has the item in their hand.

I have been on both sides of this 💩 storm and decided that a video call has been the most reassuring for me. Yes there is still a risk, you could come across an as$hat that will do the facetime call, show you the product and deliberately choose not to ship but i would wager that is pretty rare especially when you see their face.

i have been sending and receiving zelle and venmo for a while now and this process has not failed me.

I dont facetime for items under $200... scammers will usually go for higher dollar amounts.

Ive been chargebacked and scammed from both ends more than once. feel free to ask me for any pointers or advice. I am happy

EDIT, regardless if you are the buyer or the seller. CASH sends first. If its a trade, the person who Offered the trade ships first.

the current state of affairs is that scammers can be buyers and sellers

you can do all the right things, take a reversible payment, and the buyer will charge it back regardless if the item was received as you had advertised.

on the other side of that coin, you can have a seller use fake pictures, and photoshop a timestamp for their verification photo and use trash to weigh down their packages for the shipping receipt.

The only method that has worked for me with 100% accuracy is to do a facetime call and verify that the person claiming to be the seller has the item in their hand.

I have been on both sides of this 💩 storm and decided that a video call has been the most reassuring for me. Yes there is still a risk, you could come across an as$hat that will do the facetime call, show you the product and deliberately choose not to ship but i would wager that is pretty rare especially when you see their face.

i have been sending and receiving zelle and venmo for a while now and this process has not failed me.

I dont facetime for items under $200... scammers will usually go for higher dollar amounts.

Ive been chargebacked and scammed from both ends more than once. feel free to ask me for any pointers or advice. I am happy to help
A lot to take into consideration. I appreciate the info and the assistance should I need it. Thank you
 
EDIT, regardless if you are the buyer or the seller. CASH sends first. If its a trade, the person who Offered the trade ships first....
....on the other side of that coin, you can have a seller use fake pictures, and....
I bought this the first time I used Zelle, the picture not the item. I'd aways paid cash up to $800 to folks I knew or TRUSTED, then went the Postal Service MO for the investigation aspect of a fraud claim. PAX
Savage-99.jpg
 
For shipping I usually will only ship to someone with a few positive reviews
Why only ship to someone with a few positive reviews? What if they have no reviews but they are sending you the money anyways to buy it. It’s not like you are buying from someone with no reviews.
 
Why only ship to someone with a few positive reviews? What if they have no reviews but they are sending you the money anyways to buy it. It’s not like you are buying from someone with no reviews.

Because it’s what I choose to do, they can send money, file a claim, state fraud on their account etc. leave a bad review for you saying they never received the item.
 
Because it’s what I choose to do, they can send money, file a claim, state fraud on their account etc. leave a bad review for you saying they never received the item.
Oh wow, I never thought of it like that. I have always thought it’s the scam seller that pulls the scammer move. I’ve been ripped off once on instagram for a surefire x300 that they never shipped for $150; said the item was lost and are working on it but never responded when I asked for tracking number.

But in that scenario about the buyer pulling a shady move of filing a claim even though they received the arrives as described product; would they have a hard time getting that money back if it WAS NOT A goods & services payment? Isn’t friend and family payment hard to get back?

I’ve only mainly had experience as a buyer. I’ve only shipped and sold as a seller once, with other shipped sales being free items (so more like a donation) on both calguns and Caguns. I hope I don’t ever get in a scenario where the buyer pulls a move like that you described.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom