18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Shotshell reloading in Sac?

NATEWA

Well-known member
Messages
242
Hello all,

I have a 18.5” barrel that I’m having threaded on a Rem 870 express with a 14” metro gun systems 14” sparrow barrel.


Looking into subsonic ammo with tss or bismuth #2’s. This will will be used for coyotes, geese and ducks.

Anyone know of an ammo maker, reloader in Sac or shotshell reloading classes?

TIA
 

Bought this


Will give it a go
It’s not hard, but IMO it’s not as easy as brass reloading. Hulls and wads can make a big difference in chamber pressures. Find the exact load you’re looking for and then buy the components to match. Don’t buy random components and expect to find a load.
 
Hello all,

I have a 18.5” barrel that I’m having threaded on a Rem 870 express with a 14” metro gun systems 14” sparrow barrel.


Looking into subsonic ammo with tss or bismuth #2’s. This will will be used for coyotes, geese and ducks.

Anyone know of an ammo maker, reloader in Sac or shotshell reloading classes?

TIA

Do you have any reloading experience ?

I learned to reload with an old MEC and don't think it is all that hard but having someone show you is a huge time saver. I live in SoCal or would be happy to help.

Not familiar with NorCal but is there a reloading store there ? We have a couple in SoCal.
 
Very little experience. Friend I reloaded some .223 rounds. He has a nice setup and the machine did the work.
 
It’s not hard, but IMO it’s not as easy as brass reloading. Hulls and wads can make a big difference in chamber pressures. Find the exact load you’re looking for and then buy the components to match. Don’t buy random components and expect to find a load.

Thanks - will use equipment suggested in the video.
 
Also, gunsmiths in the sac area that can thread a barrel or send off to Briley?
I am assuming that the barrel extension threads into some standard choke tube threading like a choke tube would.
I am not in Norcal, but I thread shotgun barrels for chokes based on what diameter they are.
I have tooling for RemChoke, WinChoke/Invector, Tru-Choke and Tru-Choke thinwall for 12ga barrels.
 
Back
Top Bottom