18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Should I sell my old custom Glock 23 set up for a Echelon 4.0C Comp

mrplumcrazed

🛡️ Range Member
Range Member
Messages
29
I have an old Glock 23 gen 3 that I've had forever that had custom milling done on the slide by Dynamic Weapon Systems and I have a complete 9 mm ported barrel and slide for the range all are Optics ready and I have red dots on them. I did trigger job and changed a bunch of things over the years and it's a sweet shooter. My wife has told me that I can't get any more handguns unless I sell one. I've been in my local Gun Shop in the last couple of days and saw the echelon 4.0C comp. It's sweet right out of the box and I am truly torn do I get rid of my Old Faithful with the 9mm slide as a range toy and get the echelon. Opinions are certainly welcome.
 
Last edited:
Maybe I'm just sentimental, but if it's been so good to you and you don't have any problems with it, I would just keep it.

Of course, if you find out you can sell your glock for a good amount, and you can get the cash in time to get the echelon while it's still available, then maybe do a coin flip or something.
 
Maybe I'm just sentimental, but if it's been so good to you and you don't have any problems with it, I would just keep it.

Of course, if you find out you can sell your glock for a good amount, and you can get the cash in time to get the echelon while it's still available, then maybe do a coin flip or something.
Thank you it is a bit sentimental as I built it over time. I am sure by selling off the extra slide with it I could have the funds to get the echelon.
 
I have an old Glock 23 gen 3 that I've had forever that had custom milling done on the slide by Dynamic Weapon Systems and I have a complete 9 mm ported barrel and slide for the range all are Optics ready and I have red dots on them. I did trigger job and changed a bunch of things over the years and it's a sweet shooter. My wife has told me that I can't get any more handguns unless I sell one. I've been in my local Gun Shop in the last couple of days and saw the echelon 4.0C comp. It's sweet right out of the box and I am truly torn do I get rid of my Old Faithful with the 9mm slide as a range toy and get the echelon. Opinions are certainly welcome.
I'm looking for a Glock 23 but don't care about a 9mm conversion.
 
I have an old Glock 23 gen 3 that I've had forever that had custom milling done on the slide by Dynamic Weapon Systems and I have a complete 9 mm ported barrel and slide for the range all are Optics ready and I have red dots on them. I did trigger job and changed a bunch of things over the years and it's a sweet shooter. My wife has told me that I can't get any more handguns unless I sell one. I've been in my local Gun Shop in the last couple of days and saw the echelon 4.0C comp. It's sweet right out of the box and I am truly torn do I get rid of my Old Faithful with the 9mm slide as a range toy and get the echelon. Opinions are certainly welcome.
Loved my Echelon 4.5” comp handgun. It shot amazing right out of the box. With the Glock ban you’re wise to sell it now. You will catch a good price on it.
 
I have an old Glock 23 gen 3 that I've had forever that had custom milling done on the slide by Dynamic Weapon Systems and I have a complete 9 mm ported barrel and slide for the range all are Optics ready and I have red dots on them. I did trigger job and changed a bunch of things over the years and it's a sweet shooter. My wife has told me that I can't get any more handguns unless I sell one. I've been in my local Gun Shop in the last couple of days and saw the echelon 4.0C comp. It's sweet right out of the box and I am truly torn do I get rid of my Old Faithful with the 9mm slide as a range toy and get the echelon. Opinions are certainly welcome.
Seems like this one is your baby. You say your wife says no more until you get rid of one? What else do you have? Possibly something you aren't so attached to?
 
Loved my Echelon 4.5” comp handgun. It shot amazing right out of the box. With the Glock ban you’re wise to sell it now. You will catch a good price on it.

Im not sure I understand this perspective. AB 1127 bans new sales of Glocks but it specifically cuts out a provision for LEO, Inventory purchased prior to the ban (to July 2026), and PPTs. The last being an category that effectively makes them an off-roster option for civilians. Did I miss something around PPTs?
 
Im not sure I understand this perspective. AB 1127 bans new sales of Glocks but it specifically cuts out a provision for LEO, Inventory purchased prior to the ban (to July 2026), and PPTs. The last being an category that effectively makes them an off-roster option for civilians. Did I miss something around PPTs?
Private party transfers will still be allowed as I am given to understand.
 
thats my point.

Section 5 cuts out a provision for PPTs and it doesn't look date sensitive like new sales inventory.
By you saying cuts out, does that mean you're saying that we will not be able to do private party transfers?
 
If you like the Glock you build, you probably should keep it and figure out another path. Besides there is always room for another handgun, maybe Cupid can give you one for Valentine’s day…..
 
Trying to sell 2 custom, pristine Glocks for less than I have into them. People just aren't buying right now. Probably trying to pay off Christmas debt. 😐
Customized guns don't necessarily sell for more than factory guns as a lot of people just want factory condition and aren't willing to pay more for add ons that they don't care about. Customizing a gun might actually decrease its value and make it worth less than a factory gun especially if the customizations are permanent.
 
Customized guns don't necessarily sell for more than factory guns as a lot of people just want factory condition and aren't willing to pay more for add ons that they don't care about. Customizing a gun might actually decrease its value and make it worth less than a factory gun especially if the customizations are permanent.
Just like cars
 
I have an old Glock 23 gen 3 that I've had forever that had custom milling done on the slide by Dynamic Weapon Systems and I have a complete 9 mm ported barrel and slide for the range all are Optics ready and I have red dots on them. I did trigger job and changed a bunch of things over the years and it's a sweet shooter. My wife has told me that I can't get any more handguns unless I sell one. I've been in my local Gun Shop in the last couple of days and saw the echelon 4.0C comp. It's sweet right out of the box and I am truly torn do I get rid of my Old Faithful with the 9mm slide as a range toy and get the echelon. Opinions are certainly welcome.
i’m selling one if you’re interested
 
Back
Top Bottom