18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Show your Ruger handguns

Messages
95
These are my Rugers and yes, all rimfire (I’m a collector) and love them all.

My favorite for sure is the GP100. It took me some time to find this is CA and paid for it, but it was worth it!

The SR22’s were gifts from my parents.

The single six was a consignment that was a SUPER deal and couldn’t pass it up. Rarely use this one.

IMG_8240.jpeg
 
Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in 41 mag

Ruger-41mag.jpg

Ruger-41mag-2.jpg
 
Ruger American Pistol 9mm
Milled a second slide for SRO footprint. Mounted chinese red dot.
 

Attachments

  • 20230829_130525.jpg
    20230829_130525.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 24
  • 20230915_191858.jpg
    20230915_191858.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20231117_173547.jpg
    20231117_173547.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
My Flattop .45 convertible and OM Blackhawk .357 are the only ones I seem to have a photo of, at least digitally. The Blackhawk came with a huge Hogue rubber grip that I had to change and I had these old replacement black grips. I haven't decided what to use permanently. My LCP, MKII Target and Single-Six do not have pictures.... I passed my OM .41 Blackhawk along to my daughter for my grandsons.
 

Attachments

  • Ruger Flattop .45.jpg
    Ruger Flattop .45.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Blackhaek .357.jpg
    Blackhaek .357.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
These are my Rugers and yes, all rimfire (I’m a collector) and love them all.

My favorite for sure is the GP100. It took me some time to find this is CA and paid for it, but it was worth it!

The SR22’s were gifts from my parents.

The single six was a consignment that was a SUPER deal and couldn’t pass it up. Rarely use this one.

View attachment 3042
Very happy with the Max-9! Keeping this on my CCW list….Had an LC380 and a P85 as well but ended up selling since I didn’t need them 🤙🏽
 

Attachments

  • A47124D3-A639-4461-9E42-C255C54FAA38.jpeg
    A47124D3-A639-4461-9E42-C255C54FAA38.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 858ECC74-6F03-4E90-81F6-398322FBBAE9.jpeg
    858ECC74-6F03-4E90-81F6-398322FBBAE9.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 8
This project came about as a result of Ruger’s refusal to either shorten or replace a hideously long (9.5”) barrel on this Super Redhawk .44 Magnum. It was near-new when I acquired it, and aptly named as my “Golf Club Gun” with that too long for me barrel. I called up Ruger, they wouldn’t shorten or replace the barrel, so off to Hamilton Bowen it went. Some time later it returned, a much more useful specimen IMO. Had the barrel shortened to 5”, cylinder chamfered, their improved front and rear sights installed, matte finish to reduce glare, action smoothed, lanyard ring installed.
Now it is much more user friendly. It’s used mainly as a back-up when boar hunting.B710F191-BEC9-4B5E-984D-A0C391C480AD.jpeg
 
This GP100 started out with a 6” barrel. I sourced a new 3” barrel, and gunsmith Dave Fink at school (Gunsite) installed it, along with a bead-blast finish, chamfered the cylinder chambers, and Raven logo.9628F88E-1930-472C-B389-C4E06DA5ED6E.jpeg
 
Ruger SR9c, my nightstand gun, with light. It is surprisingly accurate for such a short barrel! They don't make these anymore:

1768177395837.webp

I would carry this one if I had a CCW, it's perfect for that purpose.

I also own a Ruger 22/45 with bull barrel, looks just like this one. Very fun to shoot and very accurate:

1768177588316.webp
 
I don't have pictures, but I have a fair number of ruger handguns.

RugerStandard
RugerMKI Target
RugerMKII
RugerMK II 50th Anniv
Ruger22/45 MKII Target
Ruger22/45 MK III Target
RugerMKIV 70th Anniv
RugerMKIV
RugerMKIV
RugerMKIV Light
RugerLCP
RugerP89
RugerP89
RugerP90DC
RugerP95DC
RugerRXM
RugerSR40

RugerWrangler
RugerSingle Six
RugerSingle Six
RugerBlackhawk
RugerSP101
RugerBlackhawk
RugerBlackhawk
RugerVaquero
RugerOld Army
 
Back
Top Bottom