18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Sig 320 dangerous ??? Drop fire

Dangerfield97

Member
Messages
45
Classified ads
1
I heard stories and watch YouTube videos of sig320 going off when drop from the back of the pistol. Any truth behind this or overblown ??
 
I think the newer ones are ok, if you have an older one then look into the sig upgrade so they can fix it. I have 2 but i dont carry any of them. 1 is a range gun and the other is for sale from sig rebate. just dont drop you pistol you should be ok
 
The drop thing was resolved through the voluntary upgrade. You can check your serial number on their site to see if it's been fixed. New ones are fine.

I think what we're waiting on is news on the alleged "self-firing" feature.

I have 2 and carry one of them. Haven't had an issue.
 
One of my kids who is in the military has extensive experience teaching the M18; this issue is real and is well known to Sig. Interestingly, nobody in that particular unit chooses to carry one on their own time, mostly because of their experiences watching this happen. They all carry Glocks instead, which are authorized for them.
Experiences in the civilian world (police & private citizen) are mixed, so there is that.
To each their own. My choices are the G30S, 1911C, and J-Frame.
 
JMO it's overblown. particularly here in CA where they are sold with manual safeties. the above story BTW is pretty interesting given that the M17 and M18 have safeties and noone reports the issue in guns with safeties.

I have one of the "old bad ones". now granted. I've never dropped the thing or anything. and I converted it to manual safety when I carried it cause.....well.....I feel better having a safety on something I keep pointed at my ass or junk. also. it keeps my manual of arms consistent, cause most my favored guns have them anyways.

I mean honestly some of the internet stories....you're like. wait what? what happened? and then what? and then that? and then it went off?

that being said, even as an owner of one, it's definitely not one of my favored striker fired guns in general. except the X5 legion. that thing.... WOW. and I say that as someone who in general by far prefers hammer fired guns
 
i think garand thumb did some drop tests and 1911s do poorly even with beaver + safety. will chalk up the early models to not enough r&d and testing.

the CT LEO lifting suspect's feet and bumping his gun was possibly improperly holstered/fitted p320 as SIG insinuates. meaning the holster mold grabbed the side of the trigger as the gun got pushed down. then would lead us to believe it definitely needs a trigger blade safety.

SIG is very popular and i like that they are innovative, but are SIG strikers/polymers the only one without a trigger blade safety?
 
The whole uncertainty surrounding the 320 discharge thing is why I haven't removed the manual safety on mine, and why I don't AIWB carry it. IWB, sure, worst case I take a chunk out of the side of my butt, but shooting my dong off is not a risk I'd be willing to take.
 
I have eyes and I am literate. ;)

I was not convinced until I saw a video of a perp kicking an officer's holster and the gun discharging. SIG then blamed Safariland and circled the touriquet mounted on the holster. How a TQ can cause a discharge is beyond me; how a plastic tube from Safariland can do the same is also beyond me.

My theory is they're including substandard parts built by foreign manufacturers, but also have quality manufacturers building those same parts. Perhaps the combination of parts, with a substandard one in the mix, creates the unsafe condition. This would explain the difficulty in troubleshooting the gun. But, this is just a theory.

I retired my SIG M17 Bravo despite the investment I made in an M18 slide and many, many magazines. Perhaps SIG will finally address the issue with a fix and I'll send my gun in. Until then, the gun will sit in the safe.
 
"the CT LEO lifting suspect's feet and bumping his gun was possibly improperly holstered/fitted p320 as SIG insinuates. meaning the holster mold grabbed the side of the trigger as the gun got pushed down. then would lead us to believe it definitely needs a trigger blade safety."

Bah, not possible. The trigger guard is wider than the trigger AND it's a plastic tube. The gun was not partially out of the holster; even if it was, it would only be 1/10" such that the retention was not engaged. There is nothing there to do what you mentioned.
 
Who knows? But I put a manual safety on mine since it doesnt have a Glock safe action style trigger. The P320 trigger is light AF from the factory. IMHO it should be standard with a manual thumb safety.
 
Who knows? But I put a manual safety on mine since it doesnt have a Glock safe action style trigger. The P320 trigger is light AF from the factory. IMHO it should be standard with a manual thumb safety.
It's not just the trigger, it's the very design which is a P250. Sig basically went to a p250 parts bin, modified and removed the hammer and made it striker fired. The Marines recently released a non redacted report to investigate the Design of the P320. Also keep DoGE in mind when I say this, the P320 was Approved during the Biden Administration, when the military was at its worse in Administration levels. I'm pretty sure the p320 have a malfunction with just missing use of pronouns. Also keep in mind, im a Glock nerd lol.
 
It's not just the trigger, it's the very design which is a P250. Sig basically went to a p250 parts bin, modified and removed the hammer and made it striker fired. The Marines recently released a non redacted report to investigate the Design of the P320. Also keep DoGE in mind when I say this, the P320 was Approved during the Biden Administration, when the military was at its worse in Administration levels. I'm pretty sure the p320 have a malfunction with just missing use of pronouns. Also keep in mind, im a Glock nerd lol.
Yes. Im well aware of the alleged causes of the issue. But striker assembly aside, it still comes with a light AF trigger and no Glock style trigger safety. I too prefer Glocks. IMHO the military screwed up and should have chosen the Glock.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom