18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

SIG P320s ridiculous resale prices after the latest ND fatality

One thing I have to wonder, if it is possible for P320 to UD inside a holster, is it also possible to UD in other positions? If it UD while someone is holding it in the hand, they probably will think of it as ND and not report it. So is it possible there are actually more UD out there just not reported?

It is not a good situation when LEO uses it as side arm. There are many situations when guns are drawn but decision was not to shoot. But if gun go UD, things will end bad for an innocent person. Probably good call for any PD to ban P320 for simple liability reason.
 
People have been absolutely silly about the price of their used guns for a looong time. Everyone seems to think they're owed a healthy profit on everything they sell. "Oh I can buy this gun, its an INVESTMENT." You should buy guns for yourself and hope for the best when you sell them.
 
Interesting test video here showing that when the trigger slack is taken up, the striker can can easily drop when the gun is shaken or jolted.
  1. Great job finding this video!
  2. I'm pretty sure this guy found the problem
  3. The guy does a great job with this testing
  4. I am pretty sure this is easily reproducible
  5. Odds are no one, including Sig Sauer, tested this scenario
  6. Sig Sauer is likely F-ed if they continue denying the existence of a problem
PS. I just tried reproducing the video results on my P320 X5, chambered an empty primed cartridge, slightly pulled the trigger, no more than a millimeter, jiggled the slide just a little and "POW". Scared the crap out of me. I then tried it again but instead of jiggling the slide I put it into my Alien Gear chest rig holster and again "POW". I've put a cable lock through the 320 to remind me to never use it again. I can see where this would be a big problem for anyone in a really cold environment who has to wear gloves. The gloves could move the trigger without the user even realizing it.
 
Last edited:
The responsible thing to do would be to let it sit in the safe and sit. Unless the new buyer knows of the risks, it's pretty fcked up to sell them a 320.

As far as pricing, whatever a buyer will pay for something is the price it should be sold at.
 
I watched this video.


Given... I am not lawyer. But this is definitely not covered by PCLAA. The only reason it would could stay in business is because it is private company.
 
I can't thread cap on people's ads but I gotta bring it up for discussion. I see resale prices anywhere from$600 up to $1100.... I think y'all are bag holding these firearms if you think you're gonna get those prices especially after a military service member was killed after placing a holstered P320 firearm on a table.

Sig 320 guys, yall got nothing left to stand on in regards to defending this POS gun. IMO, resale price should be LESS than a used Glock 19g3, hell even less than a Hi-point cause both those guns are way more safer than a P320
I put a WTB thread up for $50/320 yesterday but it got removed for trolling. I put it back up today for $20 over police trade in.

The military and police are about to flood the market with these. They are worth less than the materials used to make them.
 
Sig Sauer should just F-ing own their mistake, admit they F-ed up, and fix everything with a superior product. Jesus, the P365, even though it is a different beast, never had any recorded issues. They should give us the ability to just mail in our FCUs, and replace the whole damn thing with Made In America premium parts. Sure the machined premium metals and hand fitted parts they will use to apologize will cost them in the short term, but the long term health of the company, and most importantly the lives of the customers, will be worth it.
 
i rather hang onto this thing and not sell it then sell it to someone who can do harm. hahahaha just let it rot in the safe
 
People have been absolutely silly about the price of their used guns for a looong time. Everyone seems to think they're owed a healthy profit on everything they sell. "Oh I can buy this gun, its an INVESTMENT." You should buy guns for yourself and hope for the best when you sell them.
Very very few guns I would actually consider an investment and all would be out of the price range of mere mortals.
 
Back
Top Bottom