18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Smith & Wesson CA M&P... In metal

The weight is incorrect on their site.

.46x16 =7.36oz vs .61x16=9.76oz so ~2.4 oz. I may have looked at the one with the safety which is probably an oz more. I think it just comes down to personal preference vs performance. I haven't tried it, how do you like the metal frame?
 
Oops I guess I double posted about this subject.

Hoping they changed to extractor LCI since the optic plate doesn’t leave a whole lot of space, at least on their free state models.
 
It weird because I swear a bunch of guns got rejected from the roster review because their LCI wasn't on the top and then the staccato comes out with it on the extractor....
 
Well none of those have actually made it to stores haha. There were a few vp9s but they disappeared quick
 
I’m thinking they are putting more into getting the CA VP9a1s to us.
for sure, I just never got to see one up close they were gone before I had a chance
 
.46x16 =7.36oz vs .61x16=9.76oz so ~2.4 oz. I may have looked at the one with the safety which is probably an oz more. I think it just comes down to personal preference vs performance. I haven't tried it, how do you like the metal frame?
Prefer the metal, have 2 metals and 2 polymer each with 5” slides. I think the whole “flex of polymer makes it have less recoil” is just not felt at all when shooting. The grip shape isn’t exactly the same and the front panel of the metal has more of a curve than the polymer which has more of a flat spot at the front and it just feels better in my hand. Also now they have the grip weight inserts now and brass magwell so you can get it to a pretty solid weight.
 
Prefer the metal, have 2 metals and 2 polymer each with 5” slides. I think the whole “flex of polymer makes it have less recoil” is just not felt at all when shooting. The grip shape isn’t exactly the same and the front panel of the metal has more of a curve than the polymer which has more of a flat spot at the front and it just feels better in my hand. Also now they have the grip weight inserts now and brass magwell so you can get it to a pretty solid weight.
Did you have any trouble fitting this magwell? Just checked it out on Floyd's site and it said wouldn't fit the metal frame. Thanks!
 
Well none of those have actually made it to stores haha. There were a few vp9s but they disappeared quick
I have a VP9 Match but I’m planning on picking up a S&W M&P 2.0 Metal just to see how it would perform in Carry Optics. Still searching for a Competitor

Hopefully the new M&P Metal doesn’t have an fugly LCI
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6356.jpeg
    IMG_6356.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom