18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Open Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 10mm 4.6" in stock at rifle gear

This is open for discussion or for the time being
Quick Q, not to derail, but given that the 5.6 came on roster, are folks waiting for that? I had the chance to shoot both back to back in Reno (one 1 rented and 1 a friend had) and Ill say, I liked the 5.6 a lot. The reduced recoil made it really nice to get back on target. My money is going there, but curious what others think.
 
Just did my paperwork on mine in San DieI have one too and I enjoy it . Had a few failure to feed , about 2 or 3 out of 100 rounds but the pros outweigh the cons

Just did my paperwork on mine in San Diego…
I enjoy mine although I’ve had 3 failure to feed out of 100 rounds with the sellier and bellot ammo . The pros outweigh the cons . You’ll certainly have fun with your pistol
 
Just took mine out today. Shot several different ammo's and all worked fine with the exception of the Magtec180 gr JHP - but that may have been shooter induced. She is a thumper and a four - legged problem solver...
 

Attachments

  • Image 5-18-26 at 12.16 PM.webp
    Image 5-18-26 at 12.16 PM.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 12
Just took mine out today. Shot several different ammo's and all worked fine with the exception of the Magtec180 gr JHP - but that may have been shooter induced. She is a thumper and a four - legged problem solver...
Great photo
 
Just took mine out today. Shot several different ammo's and all worked fine with the exception of the Magtec180 gr JHP - but that may have been shooter induced. She is a thumper and a four - legged problem solver...

Finally took mine out yesterday. With the way S&W has been adding pistols to the roster lately, I'm hoping they add the 4" soon, hopefully the carry comp!

1779141133694.webp
1779141157400.webp
 
I will say, I was pretty annoyed that the instructions indicate I needed the 6A plate for my dot - which wasn't included. Called up S&W and they said "sure we'll send one out to you" - told them I'm in California and told me I'd have to order it through an FFL...
 
I will say, I was pretty annoyed that the instructions indicate I needed the 6A plate for my dot - which wasn't included. Called up S&W and they said "sure we'll send one out to you" - told them I'm in California and told me I'd have to order it through an FFL...

You've got to be kidding me. That's such B.S. I'm pretty confident this stupid SB1263 will get overturned, but like all things in CA, it will probably take a decade unless DOJ gets involved while we still have a 2A friendly admin in office, though as much as they hate CA, I'm not holding my breath.
 
You've got to be kidding me. That's such B.S. I'm pretty confident this stupid SB1263 will get overturned, but like all things in CA, it will probably take a decade unless DOJ gets involved while we still have a 2A friendly admin in office, though as much as they hate CA, I'm not holding my breath.
Did you order your athena plate directly from them or did a local shop around you have one? 🕵️‍♂️
 
You've got to be kidding me. That's such B.S. I'm pretty confident this stupid SB1263 will get overturned, but like all things in CA, it will probably take a decade unless DOJ gets involved while we still have a 2A friendly admin in office, though as much as they hate CA, I'm not holding my breath.
One could hope. I found someone selling the S&W plate on ebay for $20 so it's on the way now. It's apparently steel and they stopped including it to save on COGs so kind of a 💩 move by S&W if we're honest.
 
Back
Top Bottom