18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Smoke proof full face Respirator

Messages
460
Classified ads
1
Both of my kids live in 2 story homes in San Diego. So, a house fire is a concern for me. They have smoke detectors; I am also looking into escape ropes ladders. They have fire blankets in their homes and fire extinguishers in kitchen and garage. So, looking for advice on respirators to keep in their bedrooms, just in case. Any other ideas besides respirators would be appreciated.

Thank you
 
For the money these are pretty hard to beat:


Forget rope ladders the collapsible aluminum extension ladders they sell online now are insane almost fit in a large back pack. Granted I’ve never tried using one deploying from the top down but I imagine it’s plenty reasonable a use case I’ll pull it out and see a little later.


I have and have used both of these items and they’re both great for the money.

Holy cow you shoulda seen all the tracking data in that Amazon link before I cleaned it 😅
 
Note the cheaper version of that mestel is easier to put on due to softer rubber and undoubtedly works fine in this use case.
 

couragewolf-collapsible aluminum extension ladders​

I ordered one of those from Amazon, nice idea. I should of guest for it to be able to hold max of 330 pounds that it would have to be heavy itself. It was, just guessing it was at least 25+ pounds and cumbersome for me anyway. I sent it back the next day. Now maybe if I was still in my 50s or 60s might have kept but I doubt it.
Thanks for suggestions, will look into the Mestel respirator.
 





 
For the money these are pretty hard to beat:


Forget rope ladders the collapsible aluminum extension ladders they sell online now are insane almost fit in a large back pack. Granted I’ve never tried using one deploying from the top down but I imagine it’s plenty reasonable a use case I’ll pull it out and see a little later.


I have and have used both of these items and they’re both great for the money.

Holy cow you shoulda seen all the tracking data in that Amazon link before I cleaned it 😅
I need one
 





FWIW the kommando store one seeks nicer to me than the Mira stuff. They are the only place you can get a kids mask. TAPR is attractive.
 
In a house fire where the fire/smoke is bad enough that one would want a mask, I'd think oxygen asphyxiation form excessive carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide among the many other gasses produced in the fire might be a big issue

There is a reason fire fighters use air tanks.

Maybe consider something like the "canned oxygen" https://www.amazon.com/Boost-Oxygen-Supplemental-All-Natural-Respiratory/dp/B076515K5J?th=1&psc=1

Their intended purpose is questionable, but maybe as an emergency air/oxygen source it might be a better alternative.

Just an idea, not a medical professional
 
In a house fire where the fire/smoke is bad enough that one would want a mask, I'd think oxygen asphyxiation form excessive carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide among the many other gasses produced in the fire might be a big issue

There is a reason fire fighters use air tanks.

Maybe consider something like the "canned oxygen" https://www.amazon.com/Boost-Oxygen-Supplemental-All-Natural-Respiratory/dp/B076515K5J?th=1&psc=1

Their intended purpose is questionable, but maybe as an emergency air/oxygen source it might be a better alternative.

Just an idea, not a medical professional
Aren’t there powered air supply systems that adapt to standard 40mm fittings just like filters? The mask I linked is from a scuba company that switched to turning out respirators seems sensible that there’d be inter operation but I’ve never worried to much about this(maybe I should be live in the hills)
 
Last edited:

2muchsoysauce4a - https://www.mirasafety.com/products/cbrn-child-escape-respirator-papr​

I guess I owe everyone an apology, but your above recommendation put a big smile on my face, thanks. I appreciate the input here from everyone. I am an old fart my kids are 42 and 38 single and now city people. But will always be kids to me no matter how old. I don't care how old they are there welfare is always on my mind.
So sorry if I mislead you guys, and thanks again for your input. I also hate 2 story houses for above reason and more.
 

2muchsoysauce4a - https://www.mirasafety.com/products/cbrn-child-escape-respirator-papr​

I guess I owe everyone an apology, but your above recommendation put a big smile on my face, thanks. I appreciate the input here from everyone. I am an old fart my kids are 42 and 38 single and now city people. But will always be kids to me no matter how old. I don't care how old they are there welfare is always on my mind.
So sorry if I mislead you guys, and thanks again for your input. I also hate 2 story houses for above reason and more.

Stairs absolutely suck when you get older.
 
Back
Top Bottom