18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

So what's broken?

Churro

Well-known member
Messages
156
No, this isn't a discussion about your life, hopes, or dreams so don't post it here!

Earlier this morning I took everything out of the safe (for general function check and inspection) and put three guns aside that I have been neglecting to fix. One with a broken none existent magazine spring, another with a jacked up front sight, and a Glock clone with more none functioning Chinese metal and plastic than I thought it had. With AB 1263 in play it has been a nightmare trying to get anything into the state without having to pay a service fee from an FFL or the stupid surcharge for signature delivery at the door. Regardless, I think we have that one firearm, magazine, or part we have all been neglecting to fix.

So chat what's broken?
 
For me? Notta, I always fix them right away. Last thing that broke was one of the extractors on one of my 500's. Ordered from eBay, installed and fixed no problem.
 
I have a Squires Bingham M16 (pre Armscor M1600) (22lr) that for some reason cooks off rounds. Not sure if its a cast chamber issue or something failing in the fire control... but I paid $50 for the gun so I doubt its work the troubleshoot and might try to just turn it into a buyback for a gift card.
 
That’s one thing with firearms I don’t let get away from me, haha!!

I think it’s because, for me, working on them is easy and I have all the tools (often multiples from inherited collections).

If something stops working - and more lube won’t fix it, haha!! - then I figure out what’s wrong and take care of it.
 
Back
Top Bottom