18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

So, who is 3D printing cool firearms stuff?

You guys have some serious eggs & chorizo to post this up. Glad the 2a community is blind or always fishing.
 
PSA: Just a reminder no sharing of files is allowed here. The most I printed was a sorter
 
Like the tax stamp they explicitly mentioned in their first post?
Idk what post you’re talking about if there is a previous one. I do see it in this post. Interesting. Do you need to get a tax stamp before or after you print the contraption ? Does the machine only print once you get the stamp approved ?
 
Do you need to get a tax stamp before or after you print the contraption ? Does the machine only print once you get the stamp approved ?
You can apply for a form 1 with the ATF to manufacture your item ( SBR, SBS or suppressor in free states, non-AW AOW in CA). Approval takes currently about 45 days. Once approved, you are allowed to manufacture ONE of the items by traditional manufacturing methods or 3D printing (in free states currently without 3D printer restrictions). Currently 3D printers are not restricted in any way, but it's advisable to follow Federal and state laws. CA is trying to eliminate this freedom along with several other states. Arizona has no such restrictions.

EVERYTHING I HAVE POSTED IS LEGAL WHERE WE ARE LOCATED IN AZ. THIS IS THE FREE STATES CLUB SUBFORUM, FOR DISCUSSION OF FREE STATES STUFF.
 
Can one use a truck oil filter as a suppressor in AZ?

I have some brakes that have the same threading.
 
Yes, we have two of these:



They are minimally effective, but cheap. You could do a form 1 in a free state and request this configuration, but there are better alternatives.

Whenever we have an ATF inspection, the IOI always looks at these and shakes his/her head wondering how that design was approved considering the serial number is hand written with a sharpie on the oil filter! The SN is also on the adapter.
 
Anyone up to date on the 3D printing laws for CA? Wondering if I can 3D print mag blocks so if I go compete in a free state I could buy and use standard cap mags, then permanently install (epoxy) mag blocks to bring them back into CA so I don’t have to just toss them or give them away to someone at the match. Or are we literally not allowed to 3D print ANY gun related part?
 
Assembly Bill 2047 (AB-2047) is in the works but not currently law in CA. I'm not aware of any other CA restrictions currently, but I could be wrong. Someone else please respond if I am incorrect.
 
Haven’t had it for too long yet but as far as gun related stuff, this is what I have done so far.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5768.webp
    IMG_5768.webp
    106.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5767.webp
    IMG_5767.webp
    120.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5832.webp
    IMG_5832.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5844.webp
    IMG_5844.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 35
My buddy in Free America was bragging about this last month. So apparently, form 1ing a suppressor thread adapter then 3d printing baffles for dirt cheap is all the rage in free states right now. So jelly. I need to go visit family in Ohio and Texas. Im going to Shot Show next year for sure. At least I can enjoy freedom for a few days out of the year. I aint touching 3d printed anything with a 10ft pole in CA.
Im afraid if I talk too much, openly, about how bad I’d like to have suppressor - especially for hunting - that Gavin Newsom might have a Palantir drone smoke me 😂
 
So what are and aren't we allowed to 3D print in California in terms of guns and gun parts?
 
Back
Top Bottom