18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Some costs for initial CCW

fifer55

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
2025
Messages
99
I have been following CRPA v. LACSD (Case 2:23-cv-10169-SPG-ADS) and saw this interesting chart of initial costs for CCW permits and the like.
IMG_8227.jpeg

Thoughts?
 
For Alameda county, I was over $1,000 when all was said and done. I didn’t document it carefully. Amt in the tables see to fit what I paid.
 
I'm at $1,034.57 in Santa Clara County and I still have to be approved for training ($399) then pay another $506.57 for the permit once it gets approved.
 
If you look closely up top it says filed 5/23/24. It’s definitely gone up since then
 
Back
Top Bottom