18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Southern California Precision/Long Range Rifle Events?

briansocal

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
2025
Messages
7
Hello all! A number of years back I was kicking around the idea of getting into precision/long range shooting, and came out to watch a few CAPRC matches to get the lay of the land. They looked like a LOT of fun, but I just wasn't able to pull off getting a rifle set up for that.

I'm getting ready now to finally complete the rifle build, and it looks like the CAPRC is defunct. Are there any clubs/matches happening in SoCal these days?
 
Pala has a match the 1st Sunday of every month. No match December due to the holiday.
 
Anyone have an AXMC/AXSR or mrad? Was interested in trying either before committing
 
Santa Margarita Gun Club holds matches on MCB Camp Pendleton. 500yd F-class matches and Practical Carbine, sign-up through Practiscore:


View attachment 18973
View attachment 18974

This looks super fun. Dumb newb question but would my 16" AR with a 1-6 be at all capable of this kind of event?
 
Hello all! A number of years back I was kicking around the idea of getting into precision/long range shooting, and came out to watch a few CAPRC matches to get the lay of the land. They looked like a LOT of fun, but I just wasn't able to pull off getting a rifle set up for that.

I'm getting ready now to finally complete the rifle build, and it looks like the CAPRC is defunct. Are there any clubs/matches happening in SoCal these days?
BRRC, 4th Saturday of the month. Register on Practiscore.
https://www.practiscore.com/clubs/burbank_rifle_and_revolver/matches?filter=upcoming
 
Back
Top Bottom