My seller and I learned of a peculiar policy at Sportsman’s Warehouse in Elk Grove. I was trying to do a PPT of a CZ75B. They claimed they couldn’t because it’s not listed on their website as California-compliant — that is a company policy. Nothing to do with California law or regulation.
At first they tried to say it’s because “…it’s not on the roster.” We pointed out the the roster does not apply to PPTs. That’s when they had to fess up and admit that it’s just their policy. They guys at the counter were courteous and helpful, and even found us a nearby FFL we could use instead.
The seller and I grumbled a bit and walked off, agreeing to do the sale next weekend, elsewhere. Just be forewarned of this oddball Sports Warehouse policy.
At first they tried to say it’s because “…it’s not on the roster.” We pointed out the the roster does not apply to PPTs. That’s when they had to fess up and admit that it’s just their policy. They guys at the counter were courteous and helpful, and even found us a nearby FFL we could use instead.
The seller and I grumbled a bit and walked off, agreeing to do the sale next weekend, elsewhere. Just be forewarned of this oddball Sports Warehouse policy.
Last edited: