18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Springfield XDm Elite OSP

cjjohn

Member
Messages
26
I'm looking for feedback on the Springfield XDm Elite. I handled one yesterday in a shop and was surprised at how good the trigger felt. It felt great in my hands, but I haven't shot one yet. Those that have them, what are your over all experiences? Thanks..........
 
I have have the 4.5 " version, have taken it to the range one time, put about 100/150 rounds down range; for me, points naturally, the ergonomics of the grip fit my hands very well, shoots great, the trigger is great for a factory trigger, I have not taken the Walthers out of the safe yet to compare, but the XDM Elite trigger is maybe a hair shorter reset than the PPQ??? maybe ??? but again I need to pull them out test at the same time; and I like the sights as well, my aging eyes pick them up very quickly. Will be purchasing the 3.8" as well as the 3.8" compact version over time.

I was running reloads though it and no failures of any type;

My "free" optic mounting plate was in the mail box today. When you buy one, you get to order an optic mounting plate from Springfield Armory. Mounting screws not included. Have to purchase those separately.

For me they are keepers. Will be putting the 3.8" on my CCW at next renewal.
 
I love mine. I got the 3.8" with full size grip, not the compact. To me, this was a great alternative to going full sub compact. The overall feel of the gun is perfect for my hands.

The trigger is better than the one on my XD9. And I didn't need to get Talon Grips for this like I did my XD9.

I put on my TLR-1 to carry in my T1C MSP Pro Flex AIWB holster.

Got lucky and received mine in time to add to my CCW which I just renewed.

20241125_204456.jpg
 
I love mine. I got the 3.8" with full size grip, not the compact. To me, this was a great alternative to going full sub compact. The overall feel of the gun is perfect for my hands.

The trigger is better than the one on my XD9. And I didn't need to get Talon Grips for this like I did my XD9.

I put on my TLR-1 to carry in my T1C MSP Pro Flex AIWB holster.

Got lucky and received mine in time to add to my CCW which I just renewed.

View attachment 19638


Thanks! This is the one I think I want. The compact may be great, but it'll never replace my Shield Plus. As for the full size grip, It pointed very naturally for me. SHOCKINGLY well actually. MOST of the safety "features" disappeared; grip safety, trigger dingus, etc...

Anyone ever have any kind of reliability issues??
 
Thanks! This is the one I think I want. The compact may be great, but it'll never replace my Shield Plus. As for the full size grip, It pointed very naturally for me. SHOCKINGLY well actually. MOST of the safety "features" disappeared; grip safety, trigger dingus, etc...

Anyone ever have any kind of reliability issues??

I probably have 500 rounds through it, factory and reloads work without any malfunctions. Has been 100% reliable for me. Not really surprised since my XD with over 2000 rounds through it also feeds anything.
 
Back
Top Bottom